Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2LT with 2,680 miles.

A couple nights ago, I remoted started the Traverse, then this warning popped up as soon as I put in drive. The bell chime kept increasing in volume (very loud) until I shut the car off. I waited about a minute thinking it was a false positive. I started it up, put it in drive and went about 20 yards and same error. I shut the car off and waited another minute. I started it again and let it run in park for a minute. No oil pressure idiot light or any messages on the DIC.

I didn't get the warning again and made it home. Called and dropped it off at the dealership the next morning. Asked they do the 1st oil change while it was there. They reported no logging of the two DIC events. They noted the oil "looked sludgy" (nice technical term). Anyway they checked the sending unit, the electrical connections and verified there was 30 psi pressure (at least after the oil change).

Pretty underwhelming result of the troubleshooting but overall just thought I put up a post about this. Hopefully you won't get a follow up from me about another error!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Did anyone check the oil level when all this was happening ???? If so, how low was it??

·
Registered
994 Posts
Interesting. I take it you didnt check the oil level that next morning? Had you ever check the oil level prior to this incident?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great question and no I didn't check the level as I should have. I called over to the dealership and the service writer was off today. I'll find out on Monday if their tech pulled the stick before they got started.

·
Registered
994 Posts
snomon said:
I'll find out on Monday if their tech pulled the stick before they got started.
FWIW I check the oil level very regularly and I have never seen any oil consumption and the longest I have run oil in this Traverse is 3600 miles (oil change today while the weather is still good).

Just speculation but *if* they document that the oil was low then it might be problematic relying on the GM warranty in the future for any engine difficulties that might arise in the future.

(It might be worth considering another oil change sooner than you might have otherwise done.)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spoke to dealership, oil level was checked ok, but noted as "dirty". I plan on getting the 2nd change sooner than later at 5k miles.

·
Registered
994 Posts
snomon said:
Spoke to dealership, oil level was checked ok, but noted as "dirty".
Oil level that was fine and less than 3k miles shouldnt (actually wouldnt trigger) an oil pressure light.
It is possible there might have been something amiss with the OEM oil filter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts