Traverse Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Florida. Looking to sell off my Dodge RAM. Due to a family accident won't be doing the RV thing as we had hoped but still wondering why most of the Traverse models we look at are lacking a trailer hitch? Don't really need the full tow package, but just a standard 1500 lb trailer hitch. Hard to get the dealers to work with you in these times.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Hello from Florida. Looking to sell off my Dodge RAM. Due to a family accident won't be doing the RV thing as we had hoped but still wondering why most of the Traverse models we look at are lacking a trailer hitch? Don't really need the full tow package, but just a standard 1500 lb trailer hitch. Hard to get the dealers to work with you in these times.
If you really won't be towing more than a small utility trailer, a bolt on hitch from E trailer with the plug and play wiring is perfect. I wouldn't sweat the lack of a hitch too much.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you really won't be towing more than a small utility trailer, a bolt on hitch from E trailer with the plug and play wiring is perfect. I wouldn't sweat the lack of a hitch too much.
I would agree, although where do you bolt it to? There is no bumper will holes in it to mount a hitch. Is this E Trailer a web site that might show it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
The whole rear bumper cover has to be removed to install a tow hitch. It's a fairly big job. Try to find one with a tow package option. When I bought our 22 Traverse RS, they were all being optioned with the sun roof and tow packages as per GM demands. At least this is what the dealer told me. Look on the Chevy website at the inventory available in your area, you can filter based on a tow package and see the window stickers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I saw that. Definitely two people needed. Not sure about the difference in price between the tow package and just the Hitch yet. Trouble on selection, a lot of time they only have one there. This one pretty much has everything I want, but no hitch and I do not ever want a sunroof.

What Chevy website are you talking about? I just look at Dealerships.

·
Registered
587 Posts
For the $650 price, from the factory, try and find one with the trailering package already installed IMO.
We didn't necessarily need it on ours, but I figured it would never hurt to have it....just in case we ever needed or wanted to tow something.

Good luck on your hunt!

·
Registered
2020 High Country
1,098 Posts
When I bought my '20 tow package was standard on Premier on High Country. Lower trim levels it has to be ordered and dealers only order what sells like convenience packages or certain trim packages.
I wanted the factory tow package, so I never even looked at lesser models due to that, and higher trim made for more of the options I wanted like heated/ventilated seats.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe it is cheaper coming directly from the factory than adding it on later? If they have to switch out one radiator and a fan, they could be an additional cost on those parts.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Maybe it is cheaper coming directly from the factory than adding it on later? If they have to switch out one radiator and a fan, they could be an additional cost on those parts.
See my comments on prices in Post #15 here. It can be more expensive, but it can also be a bit cheaper, or on par with the factory. Depends on where you buy the parts and whether you install them yourself or not. Paying someone to add them will definitely cost you more, although except for the radiator and oil cooler, it's all pretty much plug and play.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts