Traverse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we will be going to Mexico in a couple of weeks so we bought a Weather Tech Racksack. My question is how do you load things on the roof of the Traverse? If you set it on the roof, does the roof bend? If it does, does it stay like that permanetly or does it flex? I don't want the roof to get damaged! Any tips will help!

·
Registered
11,570 Posts
holy moly-- I had not seen one so square.
thats alot of frontal force area on that one- I can see some wind resistance on that front face..
Is it all cloth or is there some kind of plastic cube inside that holds the shape?
I wonder if it will make extra noise.
the roof/rails are rated for 200 lbs.
If you put heavy heavy stuff up there- it will bow the roof.
But just dont load up too heavy and you should be ok.

with my Thule Bag- I like how its shaped so that the bag will move thru the air a little easier- with the front being low-
less frontal area.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it is all cloth. There is like a plastic liner inside but it's not a cube. It is flexible so you can make the front end lower than the rear. So if you just set it on the roof it will be fine? Is yours water resistant? Because I read some reviews on that bag and read that water came rushing in!

·
Registered
11,570 Posts
it is listed as water resistant.... (not waterproof).
Water will eventually get in- especially with water and wind while youre doing 60+ mph.
To be safe- I always wrap stuff in plastic bags. But Ive never encountered a rainstorm while the bag is on the roof.
No roof bending on mine.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Remember, dont put anything heavy up there. You dont want to make it more tippy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I tried the bag out today and two large suitcases filled with random clothes fit in the bag. The roof did not bend and there was probably 200+ lbs up there. I would have taken a pic but the Traverse was too dirty. I'll just take a picture when we do go to Mexico.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts