Traverse Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my throttle body today due to the stabilatrac Trac control off and engine going into reduced mode ..read the codes and it wás position sensor on the throttle body not responding ..after replacement started the car and it ran a little rough then minute or so it came out of it ran so smooth I thought it died but we were good drove it a hour then shut it off to get fuel and it runs worse than ever back to stabilatrac bullcrap and airbag something and then reduced power can anyone please help me ?????

·
Registered
896 Posts
Many things can cause this. Check all the connections that may have been disturbed before and after the work. Check vacuum lines. Check past posts, could be one or more items. There are lists of about 8 - 10 items which it cold possibly be. What year?

·
Registered
11,689 Posts
Thinking out loud--- isnt there a new Throttle body relearn procedure? For brand new units?
Did you at least disconnect battery?

Im wondering if the new throttle body had reverted to using learned parameters of the old bad unit?

I ran into an issue on my TRAILBLAZER. Where the computer learned parameters for dirty throttle body.
I did some work that required battery disconnect.
Once reconnected- the engine would shut off at times under certain driving conditions and if the AC was turned on, it would either shut off engine or it would do 900 RPM to 200 to 1100 over and over as long as compressor cycled.
The fix in this case was to disconnect battery again, and clean the throttle body butterfly plate of gunk buildup.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
746 Posts
Stabiltrac off message will appear anytime a code gets set.
We need the codes to help ya.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts