Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a brand new 2020 LS Traverse. I’m considering lifting or leveling it. As a Hawai’i driver, the roads here are notoriously hilly thus I’ve had moments of scraping the front bumper multiple times. I called my local auto shops and looked like there is no leveling kits available for 2018+ models for the traverse. Should I remove the lower bumper? Buy bigger tires, or install aftermarket universal coil spacers?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I can imagine that it's not a popular vehicle for modifications, so no surprise you won't find a kit for it. I'd definitely remove the lower bumper trim, but as far as tires there isn't too much room to go larger in the tire wells. You may be able to upgrade springs and shocks to get a slight bump up in height, but it would be minimal. But, if you could even squeeze 1/2 inch out with that or with the coil spacers and another 1/2 inch with slightly larger tires that should help out a bit.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Should have bought a Subaru. Larger tires will not fit so best option is to not take bumps head on but at a slight angle (less Rambo and more finese).

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would be interested to know if you found any options that worked? I would like to do anything I can to improve the off-road abilities of my 2020 AWD :)
So far the limited stuff I’ve done it’s been very capable for, but planning on some beach driving soon!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts