Traverse Forum banner

Lift Kit

57K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  vvegaiii 
#1 ·
Okay, I know I'm not the only one out there who loves the Traverse but wishes it were just a little bit taller. I'm pretty sure there aren't any aftermarket lift kits available, but it seems like there should be at this point. I mean, you can find lift kits for just about anything these days... I realize that it would change things like axle/strut angles which could potentially cause premature wear, but I can't imagine a simple 2" lift would make a huge difference. I think the slightly better visibility and ground clearance would be worth it, but maybe that's just me. (I've seen posts asking about lowering kits. Two words: IN-SANE!) Not that I'm planning on any serious off-roading, but that extra 2 inches can make a big difference in deep snow or just pulling up to a curb. I don't think 2 inches would significantly increase rollover risk either, but I could be wrong.

Before you attack the change in handling, keep in mind that I measure ride quality in terms of smoothness. I couldn't care less about having "sporty" handling and would probably never buy a vehicle with large rims/small tires. My all-time favorite vehicle is still my '87 VW Vanagon Syncro, from which my line of site was higher than the roof of a standard Tahoe. (Nostalgia has more than a little to do with that...)

Here's a slightly exaggerated simulation (i.e. a little more than 2") just to give an idea of what it might look like. I'm pretty sure you still wouldn't be able to fit any bigger tires on there. Pardon my crude Photoshop skills...
Standard:

And "lifted":

Thoughts?

See less See more
#29 ·
The only solution to this high lift would be an hydraulic suspension like there was in the Citroen DS from the late 50's and 60's that you could raise the height of the suspension from the driver seat but it will not happen on the Traverse? For those who remembered the DS french car. Way ahead of its time.

#30 ·
I have mentioned this on here before, but something like this would work great.

This is for a Kia Sorrento, but I am sure making a set for a Traverse wouldn't be difficult. ****, You may be able to do some measuring and see if the Bolt Circle on the top of the strut and the spring diameter is the same as the KIA.

#31 ·
I have mentioned this on here before, but something like this would work great.

This is for a Kia Sorrento, but I am sure making a set for a Traverse wouldn't be difficult. ****, You may be able to do some measuring and see if the Bolt Circle on the top of the strut and the spring diameter is the same as the KIA.
No they are not difficult to make... it would be interesting if someone found a kit that works, but I doubt any other manufacturer has one that does. Your best bet would be something else in the GM family.

Or you can call a company and have them custom made. The only issue with that is you may need custom sway bar end links, camber adjustment links in the rear, etc. A custom setup that gets you 1" MAYBE 2" if you really want to push it could cost you well over $1k.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.