Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a steel adapter available for using a hydraulic lift jack on a 2019 Traverse?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had one of these for my Charger already and it works better on the Traverse, for the pinch weld:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had one of these for my Charger already and it works better on the Traverse, for the pinch weld:
If you look at the OEM jack it is designed to carry the weight away from the traverse body metal that fits into the slot. This is quite different from pinch weld jacking points I have seen before such as my Honda CRV or my wife's Honda Civic. For pinch weld jacking the weight is actually carried on the pinch weld. For the 2019 Traverse the OEM jack is designed make sure you jacking at the right spot on the body and helps to make sure the jacking point won't shift when jacking in less stable venues like a dirt road or the shoulder of a gravel road. The weight is not on a pinch weld but carried on a broader surface beside the part that fits into the slot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's actually not a pinch weld on the 2019 Traverse, it is a flange used strictly to guide the lift jack. If you look at the picture of the lift jack there is no scuffing (which I used four times) at the bottom of the slot. The only scuffing is at the top of the broad portion which lifts the vehicle.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Well there isn't a "custom" lift pad just for the Traverse, like the OEM jack, if that's what you're looking for.

The adapter I have/use lifts on each side of the pinch weld, not on the pinch weld itself, so it's the closest to the OEM jack (like you want) IMO.

Before I used that...I was trying to use a hockey puck as a spacer on the jack so that it didn't hit the plastic lower cladding but the lift pad works better obviously.
YMMV

1 - 6 of 6 Posts