Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
only 75 miles wife forgot to open garage door alllthe way up she pulls out of garage rear liftgate gets by garage door gets a dent right next to chevy symbol wnated to know if anybody knows how to remove panel so i can pop dent out dent is about 6" x 6" no paint scratches :angryfire:

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
how about a little water--- and a toilet plunger to suck it back out?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its been raining off and on out here in dallas i will give that a try on a dry day sometime this week
ive never done that before wonder how good does it come out.
thanks Jbarrios

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Last year my wife had a "crease" in her driver's door on a 2004 Rendezvous. No paint was chipped, but it was about 6 inches long as a result of her opening the door and the wind catching it and slamming it into a steel "H" beam.

I checked around with several PDR (Paint-less Dent Repair) services here in the Dallas area and got some good information. I ended up going to Massey Cadillac in Garland on 635 where the body shop used an outside contractor to do PDR repair.

The guy worked on it for about 2 1/2 hours and it resulted in an invisible repair. I think the final price was around $125.00 but well worth it!

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
Ive used a PDR too.
Rock hit the hood of our impala. VERY visible ding- with deep paint scratch/chip
I called the PDR guy. Made appt. Before he showed up- I removed the underhood heat shield.
He got to work and did a pretty good job.
I used a little touch up paint and now its not as visible to the eye as it was when it warped the reflection of stuff...
he gave me a nice discount for removing the underhood fiber shield. I think it was $75.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Sorry to hear about your incident. I hope the PDR works out for you.

We're taking ours into the body shop next Tuesday to repair scratches (down to bare metal) and dents in our liftgate. Lift gate was left open and garage door button was pushed. Bottom of garage door scratched/dented from bowtie to the handle and there are a couple of small marks below the handle--$700.

Next time I'll tell the jerk that's building the workbench to leave more room for the car to fit so this doesn't happen again...

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
A little off topic, but we live in an older house, and therefore have a de-tached garage. The garage is just barely long enough for the Traverse. When we started looking at the Lambda's ( first liked the Acadia ) we test drove one, just to see if it would fit in the garage. The Acadia fit fine, with about 6" to spare. Then we ended up buying a Traverse, which of course has the liftgate that comes to a point, and is therefore a bit longer.

I have carpet on the front wall of our garage, and a tennis ball hanging from the rafters. When I touch the tennis bal with the windsheild, our front bumper is literally about 1" away from the front wall, and the garage door misses the rear liftgate by about 3". Still too close for comfort, and if I had a choice other than rebuilding my garage's front or rear wall, I'd do it, but I still watch the garage door close every time, just to make sure it will clear the lift gate. I have the wife trained to do the same. :happy:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey guys appretiate all your good sudgestions can any body recomend a good PDR here in dallas
we are thinking about contacting usadentguys

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
As I mentioned in my earlier post, I went to Massey Cadillac in Garland on 635. They use Dent Wizard as an outside contractor to do all of their PDR repairs.

I know there are several Dent Wizard franchise owner's in the Dallas area, but this one was highly recommended by several sources I checked with. This fellow has many dealership contracts and goes to different dealers on different days.

If you are interested, you can call Paul Forwerch at Massey's Body Shop (972-840-4100) to see what days he is there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts