Traverse Forum banner

So in this day and she, how much do you think it cost to repair?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about a month ago I hit a big ole doe heading home from a restaurant. Traverse is a 2019. I was going about 50 mph. Seat belt restraint system worked nicely. With the parts shortage, It's taken about a month to find everything needed for the repair... toughest was the grille and fender. No frame damage. I bungied it up and drove it home. Did need a new radiator and condenser.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Dang. Sorry to see this!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey. I'm really sorry to hear that. What did you do to replace it?
We borrowed a car for a while and now are getting by with one less car since dealerships around me did not a have the higher trims in stock. I have a 2023 Premier Traverse in summit white with redline package on order. I called my dealership the day after the accident to start the looking for a new car since my insurance was treating it like it was totaled from the start. Luckily my dealership had one already on order and accepted by GM with TPW date of 8/22 that they placed my name on. Let’s hope it actually gets built this week! They also have one without the redline package that they were putting my name on first that has been built they are going to call me on when it comes in if I want/need one sooner. I’ll probably wait for the redline one since I like the look better.

I will say it’s a good and bad time to have a car totaled. Due to used car prices I received almost what I paid for my 2018 back but hard to find replacement.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I feel your pain. I had a 1995 Eagle Vision. It was 12 days old, 274 miles and some girl ran into my right rear side. Damaged the wheel and suspension and some body damage in front of the wheel well. It was $2800 in 1995.

I'm guessing $11,500.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I went $9.5 but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see any of these numbers. Fender, hood, front bumper, headlight and foglight on one side at least. Fender liner, inner fender, washer reservoir, possibly radiator and condenser, maybe core support. It tallies up really quickly.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
1,169 Posts
I went with 11.5. That may even be low as once shop takes it apart, they may find more issues and have to have to add additional parts to the estimate. Common for that to happen upon disassembly.
Not fun when you have your deer ''grilled''.

Reactions: Njtraverse
1 - 18 of 18 Posts