Traverse Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I replaced the dome light bulbs in the front and second row with the LED replacements.

Wow what a difference!! :eek:

I will do the 3rd row bulbs after I get all my equipment out of the back of the truck.

I will try and post a decent pic tomorrow

:cheers:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sooooo. I couldn't wait the month to do the 3rd row dome lights...

Here are the pics, including the liftgate bulbs and license plate lights. I also did the vanity mirrors too

Thanks to rbarrios for the step by step directions. The torx screw is a T-10. I had T-15 and up, but luckily my friend had one.

http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/67hvymtl/media/20161004_183646_zps9aty1xca.jpg.html?o=0

http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/67hvymtl/media/20161004_183951_zpswgqvmp0i.jpg.html?o=0

http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/67hvymtl/media/20161004_183700_zpsi0moyndk.jpg.html?o=1

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi, can you please share how did you remove/open the 2nd and 3rd row seat dome lights. I was able to change for the front (map)light, but it's too difficult for the others. thanks in adavance.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They pop out the same way the front one does. I used a small skinny flathead screwdriver to pry the panel down and push in the gold tabs

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've done this as well. I love the look. My Vette and Silverado also have the LED on the interior (and some exterior)

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's one of the things I love about the Traverse, the trim pops on and off very easy and you can do it multiple times without using a trim tool. I have replaced all interior bulbs to include the two rear hatch bulbs and people always remark how bright it is.

·
Registered
2011 Traverse LTZ AWD
4 Posts
2011 Traverse LTZ

So far I've only replaced the front dome lights, but they pulse when cranking the engine. Will this go away when I change all the incandescent lights to LED, or will they all do this?

Is there a way to have them turn off when cranking starts?

·
Registered
2020 High Country
677 Posts
2011 Traverse LTZ

So far I've only replaced the front dome lights, but they pulse when cranking the engine. Will this go away when I change all the incandescent lights to LED, or will they all do this?

Is there a way to have them turn off when cranking starts?
What is the age and condition of your battery ? Weak batteries can start a engine but LED's are real sensitive to voltage drops and very visible to it.

·
Registered
2011 Traverse LTZ AWD
4 Posts
What is the age and condition of your battery ? Weak batteries can start a engine but LED's are real sensitive to voltage drops and very visible to it.
I figured that would be the first thing to check, and I don't wanna.. :cry:

Just bought it two months ago, so I'll have to pop the cover and check it. The gauge behaves as I'd expect, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My LED's flutter at start up and during the dimming stage. That's normal for LED's as they are far more sensitive to the voltage than standard filament bulbs

·
Registered
2011 Traverse LTZ AWD
4 Posts
So far the two I put in the front dome lights handle the dimming stage quite well, I actually thought this might be a problem. They only do the flicker during cranking. I'm going to test some capacitors with them and see if maybe adding a capacitor in the dome assembly at the lamp socket helps it all.

The other thought I had was to try and make the circuit immediately shut off the lights when the ignition is turned on as opposed to the slow fade it does if you turn it to the run position, before cranking.

I'm also going to look at installing a dimmer circuit that either uses the dash dimmer knob, or add a secondary knob to dim the interior lighting. I will try to remember to share my findings if I am successful with anything.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
677 Posts
Zero issues with LED's fluttering in my fleet listed in my signature line below on cranking or with the theater dimming. My Traverse has factory LED interior lighting.
There is a gigantic quality difference in-between LED brands so it may just be your bulbs also.

·
Registered
2011 Traverse LTZ AWD
4 Posts
So I bought a couple Sylvania 194 LED bulbs, and they have significantly less flicker when cranking. Added bonus; they are a single LED, and physically shorter, so they are less blinding when on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts