Traverse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Any recommendations for low beam LED lights for a 2013 Traverse 2LT? My driver side bulb has blown so I'm thinking of just replacing both driver & passenger lights. I'm hoping that I can get a bulb that will be bright and can last a very long time. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
NINEO LED HEADLIGHT H11 CREE with 3 year warranty from amazon in my traverse and I am very happy.
They fit with no modifications needed and plenty of room to stuff wires.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Low beams might be a problem if your Daytime Running Lights are the low beams (which I think is true for all Traverses). I believe the DRLs run on a chopped DC or reduced DC voltage. This website says if unsure, call them.

I'd call them.

http://ledlightingdistribution.com/nineo-led-headlight-bulbs-conversion-kit-w-clear-h11-h8-h9-60w-6k-7200lm-cree-3-yr-warranty/

UPDATE:

This guy seems to have done it. He doesn't say exactly what he bought. You might want to chime in on his thread and ask him what he bought:

http://www.traverseforum.com/index.php?topic=24425.msg232041;topicseen#new

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Traversetheworld said:
I am the guy that did it and I already posted exactly what I bought install was a breeze and I also did the fogs too.
Maybe you could repeat what brand/PN you used, because in re-reading your post that I linked to above, I don't see it. Just saw an "automatic link" in Reply #4 to "XR-1 LED" on Amazon, which doesn't look like it would fit a Traverse, looks like it's for old sealed beam size lights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2014 Traverse LT2
after replacing HID's (passenger side twice), i opted to switch to LED. Radio's Knobs Speakers and Things in Pontiac Michigan did the install for me (its winter right now...)
but now with the LED, the daytime running lights only works on the drivers side (if manually turned on, both sides work normally).
RKST claims the low voltage used for DRL is what killed my HIDs, and why the LED isn't working (problem has been passenger side every time)
you said you are happy with your NINEO LED HEADLIGHT H11 CREE, but can you clarify that the daytime running lights are working as designed?
i am assuming the 2013 traverse uses the low beam bulb as DRL same as the 2014.
i realize its been a long while since your last post, so i hope you are still out there...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put H11 LED bulbs in my wifes 2015 ltz that came from Headlight Experts. I tried them in my 2017 chevy 2500hd duramax projector housing but they were just not bright enough. They work a lot better in the Traverse reflector housing but am still not impressed with their brightness. They are brighter than stock and she likes them so she is happy. I purchased some HIDs for my low beam to replace those H11s for my duramax from Headlight Revolution. I was so impressed with them I bought some LEDs (SuperNovas) for my high beams that are close to being as bright as my HIDs. I would suggest visiting their website and look at the tests they have done with a lot of different LEDs in a lot of different headlight housings and you will see why I bought from them. Just a suggestion since I have been there and made the mistake of not spending a tad bit more to get it right the first time.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Final Thoughts?

So, what are the final thoughts then on the best all around LED solution for 2012 Traverse LTZ? The Headlight Revolution site does NOT show a fitment for Traverse under Chevy - why? Will all that wiring shown in video pit underneath the area enclosed by our dust covers?

They comparison between the halogen and LED is remarkable .... but like to get fellow Traverse owner's feedback.

Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts