Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice yesterday as I was riding through the car wash that my sunroof leaks in the two rear corners. Has anyone else had this problem? Would anyone know a fix for it without having to go to the dealer?

·
Registered
417 Posts
There are long and heated discussions about this in just about every Lambda based forum. It's my understanding GM has a fix, but many dealers don't do it correctly. So, do take it to your dealer, and ask a LOT of questions.

·
Registered
11,242 Posts
One reason I have never liked sunroofs.... leaks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am FAR from an expert but aren't the drain tubes that get clogged meant to take water out of the inside channels of the sunroof? If so, you can get water inside it's just that it is supposed to be removed from the interior via the draintubes before it damages anything.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Water at a carwash is coming at a good deal of pressure and is going to force the sunroof to move a little and allow water to drip in. But like zman said, the drains will carry the water out. The problems with leaking was in the 08 and 07's and the drain tubes themselves were too short and came undone. These have been corrected and short of a clogged drain tube, I have not heard of any 09's having the interior leaking problem. Mine hasn't and we have had more rain in the last 4 months than in the entire 1 ½ years I owned my Outlook which did leak.

Nothing to worry about in my opinion.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is the front glass that opens. I called the dealer and they said they knew what to do to fix it. I will take it to them when I get time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well after two days at the dealership I got it back. The had to pull the headliner down and replace the drain tubes because they were too short and had clogged. They also found the headliner wet and the carpet wet down by the front doors. I guess I am glad I took it in now.

·
Registered
11,242 Posts
Im sure this 'bug' has been corrected for the 2010 model year....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts