Traverse Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
09Enclave put together a great experience for the Jun 10 tour at LDT; just ask all those that were in attendance :thumb:

I am posting this now for an initial response to see how many would be interested in attending next years event. The target date would be Jun 2417[/color], 2011. That is a Friday and seems to be a good date so those of us traveling from farther distances have the time to get home through the weekend. For now; if you are interested PM/email myself and we'll go from there. Who knows we might be able to make this a yearly "pilgramage". As always; suggestions are greatly appreciated. I was thinking about having an ice breaker on the Thursday prior (Jun 23); that way we can all meet and I can show off my 78U :friday:

I will cross post this across the Lambda forums so we can get max participation.

One last request; can a mod sticky this for easy reference; thanks :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, if you confirm or at least give me a maybe, let me know how many in your group so that I can keep track of numbers. If not; I will assume it's 1

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Just wanted to also add on this board...WE ARE GOING! :thumb:

Wonder if we will be the only Outlook present. :help: Need more Outlooks to show up.

·
Registered
312 Posts
My Outlook is that my wife and I may likely Traverse to Lansing next summer to visit that Enclave of automotive excellence, passing as we go through Acadia for sightseeing purposes. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
andylibby said:
My Outlook is that my wife and I may likely Traverse to Lansing next summer to visit that Enclave of automotive excellence, passing as we go through Acadia for sightseeing purposes. :)
I will put you down for 2 then :thumb:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thanks AA/78U - I don't want to be a Trailblazer, but we might extend our trip out to see Ranier as we try to be Envoys from this neck of the woods at the upcoming Rendezvous.

Okay, okay - enough silliness!

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
:thumb:

:rofl:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Re: LDT Tour 2011: Date change JUNE 17th 2011

CHANGE IN DATE: Friday, JUNE 17th is the new date. I tried to get the 24th, but with the shutdown the following week at the plant, they may not have enough help for our tour. I got an e-mail back from Lyle at the plant, and he asked if we can move it up because he thinks fewer people will be there that week because of possible vacations due to the shutdown starting the 27th. (sorry if that's too much information, but I wanted you all to know the reason it's been moved)

So.... PLEASE mark your calendars now. When we have more information about who's all coming, we will notify of times. There should be a morning time for sure, l'm guessing 8am or 9am, and if we have enough there would be an afternoon time. Last year we did 1pm, but I haven't got that confirmed yet if that works, also don't know if we will have enough for two tours. (hopefully!)

Admin: can you change the date on the news thing at the top of the home page? Thanks.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Bump...please read my above post ^^^^surprised there is so much action on the Traverse forum this morning, my annoucement about the tour cleared off the recent topics real fast.

·
Registered
407 Posts
GOOD NEWS: I got a call from the plant this morning, still a go for the 17th of June, and they are interested in knowing numbers of attendance as soon as we can. I still need to hear from andylibby who expressed interest earlier in this thread, but did not say anything since the date has changed. (I will PM him if he doesn't respond here). Sounds like they want to be very helpful in making this a good event, and we have not cemented the time yet, but talk is around 9:00 am, give or take, and sounds like they want to do one tour, up to 40 people, instead of both morning and afternoon times. (so we can all be together ;D) However, they want to be sure folks can get there OK from out of town, and are flexable with the time a little, so if people could let me know your thoughts about this. I'm assuming that most coming from out of town would come in the night before and stay at the hotel, but for those driving any distance in the morning....share your thoughts if 9:00 is too early. Thanks.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hotel information is now available;

Quality Suites Hotel

GM Lambda Meet

901 Delta Commerce Dr.
Lansing, MI 48917
[email protected]
(517) 886-0103 fax
(517) 886-0600 phone

Rate: $75.00 per night (awesome deal, huh?!)

Please tell them you are booking your room for the "GM Lambda Meet".

·
Registered
407 Posts
andylibby said:
Getting a head count so far, are you coming on the 17th? (time will be in the morning, around 9am)

Anyone else?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Any Traverse people want to come this year to the tour on June 17th 2011? (9:00 am at the earliest that day....will keep you posted for exact time) Last year we had some Traverse owners, was hoping we get some this year to represent the Chevy version of the Lambda. :thumb: Counting forum members and all guests coming too: We have 8 total people coming from the Acadia forum, 10 total from the Enclave forum, 10 total from the Outlook forum. (plus some maybe's from each)

Looking back at this thread, and PM's, I have two three from this forum interested, Kyle2123 (for 2 people) ,SSTODD (for 1 person), and andylibby (for 2 people). But I have not heard from these forum members in a while to confirm. I've sent personal messages to you a while back, just curious if you are still coming? The 17th is coming soon, but there's still time to reserve spots. We have (including Kyle2123, SSTODD, and andylibby) 31 33 reservations so far, and we can take up to 40...but there's a bunch of maybe's from the other forums as well. Not trying to beat this to death, but I want to make sure we have spots for everyone who wants to come.

Anyone else interested? ;D

(Just edited this...forgot about andylibby...sorry)

·
Registered
407 Posts
For those coming in on Thursday evening, if we want to get together for dinner, perhaps a restaurant suggestion list is in order:

From nearest to farthest from the hotel, minutes of driving time:

1-5 minutes away (the following 5 restaurants)
Outback steakhouse:
http://outback.com/restaurant/locations/MI/Lansing/Lansing/index.aspx

Cheddars:
http://www.cheddars.com/

Logan's Roadhouse:
http://www.logansroadhouse.com/geo/m002

Frank's Press Box:
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=802&bih=489&wrapid=tlif130701987946810&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=restaurant+guide+west+saginaw+lansing+mi&fb=1&gl=us&hq=restaurant+guide+west+saginaw&hnear=0x8822c01c7f318c37:0x4378b62389029d9e,Lansing,+MI&cid=5457620986721812875

Carrabbas:
http://dinersnation.com/restaurant-41899/Carrabbas_Italian_Grill/Lansing/MI

13 minutes, Clara's restaurant:
http://www.claras.com/LNindex.shtml

18 minutes, Buddies (Holt location, closest to the hotel....right down the street from me) :
http://www.buddiespubandgrill.com/

25 minutes, Old Chicago:
http://www.oldchicago.com/okemos

26 minutes, Olive Garden:
http://www.olivegarden.com/

There are more, but this gives an idea of the nicer places in town. I'm sure googling Lansing area restaurants will bring up many more. This will give us a start.
[/quote]

·
Registered
407 Posts
Any others coming in on Thursday who want to join us for dinner? And...any other votes for places to dine? I'm only counting hoffjny (Enclave forum), and Sailfish who are coming in on Thursday....there's got to be others, but I'm not pushing that everyone coming in Thurs. needs to meet with us, but trying to include everyone. ( I sent PM's to two local members to see if they want to join us....holtenclave (enclave forum) and Sunkahlua (acadia forum) who are both coming to the tour.

FYI: I have an e-mail in to the plant to verify the tour time. I'm asking for 9:30, and I think we should all shoot for 9am to arrive there....there is a video (plant safety) that needs to be watched prior to the tour. (sorry that this sounds last minute, but last year the time got changed the week of....so this year I'm not assuming anything)

I will post all final details here....stay tuned.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Okay you guys will probably laugh at me when you read this post. Anyway since I am pretty darn sure I will be driving in rain up to Lansing on Thursday I did some internet searching and, yep I did, I found a car wash.

Okay perhaps "09enclave" may have something negative to say about them but gosh darn I so want my Enclave to look sparkly for its visit back to the place where it was born.

http://www.relylocal.com/lansing-michigan/business_listings/kwik-car-wash#reviews

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sailfish said:
Okay you guys will probably laugh at me when you read this post. Anyway since I am pretty darn sure I will be driving in rain up to Lansing on Thursday I did some internet searching and, yep I did, I found a car wash.

Okay perhaps "09enclave" may have something negative to say about them but gosh darn I so want my Enclave to look sparkly for its visit back to the place where it was born.

http://www.relylocal.com/lansing-michigan/business_listings/kwik-car-wash#reviews

I can understand your wanting to have it washed. I got so caught up detailing mine as I dried it, that I was late for last year's tour!

Sorry, no feedback on the car wash you posted. :(

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
We had a nice sunny day last year to make the 650km trek. My Traverse was still shiny when I got there.

A car wash would definitely be in order if it was dirty!

·
Registered
407 Posts
At this point, I'm assuming there's no people from the Traverse forum coming to the tour. Funny thing, there will be 2 Traverses there, one is a member of the Enclave forum...go figure...and he's bringing a relative who also has a Traverse, and they are both driving there with them...so rest assured, the Traverse WILL be represented at the tour. :thumb:

Vehicle breakdows coming to the tour are as follows:

2 Outlooks
2 Traverses
5 Acadias
5 Enclaves

I have a count for 30 total people as of now, unless someone(s) doesn't show. Would have liked to have more Traverse people, but I understand if most are busy on a Friday. Really wish the plant would do Saturday tours, that might make a difference. But, thanks for being patient with all the posts about the tour...but unless someone tells me different, there's no Traverse forum members attending...and therefore I will not post any further updates on this thread. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts