·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am not very handy with vehicle repair and maintenance. But I wanted to start doing my own with my 2009 Traverse 2LT.

This is a good reference guide. Thanks! :thumb:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Best of luck with all those control modules and other electronic gizmos!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Updating an old thread with hopefully useful information. There is a link in the thread for a 2009-2010 Traverse service manual from Tradebit. I wanted to know if I could replace my own steering gear bushings so I downloaded it. I actually followed a link I found on YouTube, but I think it went to the same place. I paid about $12 through PayPal. Tradebit is a store for anybody who wants to sell documents and the web store appears legit. This manual is posted by an individual seller. It appears to be from an in-house online reference system (dealer?) and simply printed to a PDF printer as a bunch of files. The files are named by section, zipped up for download into one large 117MB zip file. They cover the 2009-2010 Traverse service and owner's manuals. The seller is selling exactly what he/she promises. There are three drawbacks that I see to these manuals though:

(1) There is no index or table of contents that I found, although you can search each PDF for text
(2) The manual uses embedded links that are disabled in the PDF version. So when it says "remove the steering gear heat shield", the underlined link doesn't work and you have no idea where to go to find that information.
(3) I would guess that if the manual is copyrighted material, royalties are not being paid properly by the vendor.

Dates on the files suggest this data is as of September 2010.

By the way, there are 4 bolts holding the steering gear to the body. I assume each has a bushing, but there is no information indicating the bushings are removable/replaceable or if you must replace the steering gear as a unit. If anybody has firsthand knowledge, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I sent an email to the subscription editor of ALL-DATA several months ago when he advertised a special purchase on a Ford forum I follow. I was able to purchase a five year subscription for our 2010 Traverse for $19.95 I believe the Helms service manuals are still the best available, but at $150.00 plus shipping the ALL-DATA is doing a fine job!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts