Traverse Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new here so please excuse if this has been asked before.

1. Was the Buick Enclave first in 2006 or 2005? If yes, was it based on the Lambda platform or something else?

2. What were the intro dates and engines of the other now-current Lambda siblings.

The above assumes that all Lambdas now share the DI 3.6 engine and 6-speed tranny.

3. Given the ability to change sheet metal within a platform, Is the Traverse the Longest/Largest Lambda? I noted a post earlier that alluded to that difference as well.

Regarding 3 above, note the distinct differences with the rear "belt line" and hatch design among the Lambdas. I believe the Traverse is the only one with the rear window that is an upside down pentagram and a hatch that might expand a bit to a point at the mid-center. These substantial differences seem to start at the rearmost sheet metal joints and the rear hatch assembly itself, (a precursor of 2010 design in the other siblings?).

Thanks all,

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
from wikipedia.
answer to your #1.
The Buick Enclave is a full-size luxury crossover SUV launched in May 2007 as a 2008 model by the Buick division of General Motors. The Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Traverse, and Saturn Outlook all share the new GM Lambda platform. The Enclave was previewed at the 2006 North American International Auto Show, officially as a concept car, making it the first Lambda vehicle to be displayed

2. Enclave, outlook, Acadia were introduced with the regular 3.6 engine. When the traverse debuted as a 2009 model-- it was the 1st to have the Direct injection 3.6. the others were to follow.

The Enclave shares powertrains with its Lambda siblings. For its first year of production, the Enclave was powered by a 275 hp (205 kW) 3.6 L High Feature V6 engine mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. For the 2009 model, a 3.6L V6 SIDI (direct injected) VVT with 286 hp (213 kW) and 255 ft·lbf (346 N·m). of torque standard (also standard on other 2009 Lambdas). The latter direct-injection engine is praised for offering a broader torque curve, and bringing fuel economy to 17 mpg-US (14 L/100 km; 20 mpg-imp)/24 mpg-US (9.8 L/100 km; 29 mpg-imp) for FWD models and 16 mpg-US (15 L/100 km; 19 mpg-imp)/22 mpg-US (11 L/100 km; 26 mpg-imp) for AWD models, according to the new United States Environmental Protection Agency

3.The Traverse has unique sheet metal different from the other Lambda crossovers, with the exception of the doors.

I think they all share the same chassis--- But the sheetmetal and bumpers are what adds or subtracts from overall lenght of the vehicle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts