Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to make a list of "differences" between the currently available Lambdas. I'm not counting cosmetic differences, just "features"... My impression is that most features are available on all the top-end trim levels, regardless of which model you choose. I'm just trying to ferret out the truly unique distinctions between the Enclave, Acadia, and Traverse. Most of them are only available on the highest trims. I've also included a few things that are "uniquely not available." Please feel free to add to the list if there is anything I have missed. I'll also cross-post on the other forums.

Traverse:
Instant MPG indicator
Blind spot mirrors
No 19” wheels
No 8 passenger seating in highest trim
No power sunroof
No fog lights

Acadia:
HUD
Denali styling/matching lower cladding

Enclave:
Articulated headlights
Reduced towing capacity
Quiet tuning
Power adjustable steering column (with memory)
115v outlet (without the Entertainment package)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rbarrios posted pics of his (also a 2010 1LT, IIRC). It's a bar indicator, not a number (personally, I'd prefer a number, but either one is better than nothing).

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
that bar is good for maximizing MPG on rolling hiils... on the up's down...
heck- even in city...
Ive used it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use the one in our Sienna almost all the time. I get about 25 mpg with 8 passengers. My wife always changes it to temperature (and drives a little more aggressively), and she gets about 20 mpg on the same roads with 7 passengers (without me). I find it very useful.

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
It appears as though my posts (multiple) from last night didn't appear on the forum. I know realize that yes, the bar is an instant AVG MPG indicator, but a rather poor one. I like the one on my parents Equinox, it gives you an actual readout in MPG or L/100km. Much handier I find.

·
Registered
718 Posts
My 04 Silverado has the instant MPG number, but I rarely even look at it. It is definitely better than the bar in the Traverse though.

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
funny--- I have the Numbers on our Impala- and I hate it...
I prefer the bar.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Matno said:
I also prefer the number value. Too bad we can't have everything!
I have a numeric instant mpg indicator on my Cobalt and I use it intensely.
I would miss it: I get 36 mpg on my non-highway commute.

What about the Acadia?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I would also prefer numbers. My Chrysler 300C has a display with a bar, average, and instant readouts. All 3 in one display. That's perfect!

As far as sunroof... doesn't the Traverse come with optional power sunroof? Or do you mean just standard features?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Back on subject.

The Acadia is the only one with a 4 foot opening at the rear lift gate, so you could get a 4x8 or shorter piece in there.
To be fair, you can't get a full 4x8 sheet in and close the gate all the way. You could tie it down most of the way.

The point is the Acadia has the widest opening of the Lambdas.

Also the Enclave can only tow 4500 with the V92 trailering package. oops I see you listed this - just not how much reduced, so I left it on here.

If it is still true the Traverse doesn't come with a coin holder - you can buy it as an extra.

The rear window is the largest on the Acadia.

The gauges have finer graduations in the Acadia then the Traverse, not sure about the Enclave.

The Traverse costs the least!

That's all for now.......

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
im thinking the Enclave is the heaviest-- due to its sound deadening stuff

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Aquarama said:
Which Lambda is lightest?
Chevy would be lightest, least amount of insulation compared to big brothers.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Not quite exactly on topic here, but my '09 Saturn FWD Outlook weighs in exactly at 4,940 lbs. That's with nobody (including me) in it. Shortly after purchase in '09 I filled the tank and took it and my car hauler trailer to a local landscape company that had scales. Disconnected the trailer (which weighed in at 1,720 lbs) and then weighed the Outlook. She's a stout one for sure.

:thumb:

Jim
In God We Trust!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts