Traverse Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2011,LT, AWD, Silver
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, our 2011 Traverse LT is making a weird knocking/clunking noise. It appears to be coming from the left front area of the car (drivers side). It happens when turning or accelerating from a stop. I looked under there and did not see anything obvious. Has anyone experienced this before? I have had something similar before and it was a broken tie rod end. Any ideas/help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Doug.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
First thing to check is the motor mounts. There's one right in front of the engine, one on the drivers side by the left front wheel, and one on the passenger side at the right rear of the engine.

There are a number of threads on these. Here's one:

They are oil-filled, so look for oil around them.

·
Registered
2019 Premier FWD
79 Posts
I saw a video on youtube of a broken tire pressure sensor that was rattling around inside the tire/wheel. (It was on a Mercedes, but could happen here). Have you had any tire work done recently?

·
Registered
2010 LT 3.6L AWD
131 Posts
Lower control arm bushings, ball joints, sway arm links.
I just replaced mine. Popping, clicking on turns and acceleration.
When the passenger-side LCA was removed the rivets holding the front bushing just fell out when it was flipped over.

Quiet as new now.

·
Registered
2011,LT, AWD, Silver
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw a video on youtube of a broken tire pressure sensor that was rattling around inside the tire/wheel. (It was on a Mercedes, but could happen here). Have you had any tire work done recently?
No tire work done recently. Thanks for bringing that to light, I would not have thought to check that one.

·
Registered
2011,LT, AWD, Silver
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First thing to check is the motor mounts. There's one right in front of the engine, one on the drivers side by the left front wheel, and one on the passenger side at the right rear of the engine.

There are a number of threads on these. Here's one:

They are oil-filled, so look for oil around them.
Thanks, GreenTraverse. Is replacing the motor mounts a doable job or do I need to take it in? I have access to a basic tools and have jackstands.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Ive done 3 of my mounts.
Front, one by trans, and one by fuse box.
I made a how to for front.
The one by fuse box, just requires removal of stuff.
The one that may be the hardest is the one by trans, to slide that sucker in.
I watched several you tube videos...

·
Registered
11 Posts
When do you notice it? (IE, I notice ours does it when letting off the gas) I almost think mine is the air filter box. Pretty sure I'm missing stuff, it's not bolted down. Lol (of course I'm not oblivious to the fact I do need to do the motor mounts.)

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts