Traverse Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm a fairly new member here and wanted to try to find a spare FOB for our new 2010 1lt Traverse. We do NOT have a power liftgate but do have the remote start option. Does anyone have the part number for this FOB? Can a FOB for any other 2010 Chevy with same remote keys be used?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Infin3

G

·
Any GM FOB should work, but you will have to take it to the dealer so they can "join" the FOB to your particular vehicle

If you bought the vehicle new; you should have received 2 FOB's; are you looking for a 3rd?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I'm looing for a 3rd FOB... I thought I saw somewhere that it is possible to program the remote myself... provided I am able to get the correct one.....

G

·
You can "learn" a remote after it has been initally programmed by your dealer; you can access the learn function through the DIC

·
Registered
563 Posts
A new fob can be found on EBay where several adds appear daily. The part number and the FCC number on the back of your current fob MUST be the same on the one purchased to work. (You will probably need a magnifying glass to read them). You will need to reprogram all three fobs to new matching settings. This is done by pushing various buttoms on the DIC and remote with the ignition on. Directions are sometimes provided by the source where you purchased the new one or can be found online after a search. There was directions posted on this list recently but I don't know how to access them. Then there is always the dealer.

Wayne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts