Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Traverse is just 11 months old and the battery in the key fob I carry with me is definitely giving up the ghost. Over the past couple of days its range has been reduced to maybe 20 feet. I realize the battery is replaceable, but I've had these last for years and years in other cars.

Is shorter battery life a fact of life with added functions like remote start and remote lift gate? I admit I use those features regularly.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I replaced mine the other day. It was having the same issues you are. Now it works great. I'm guess the remote start drains it fast because I use mine all the time. I did get a year and a half out of mine though.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
The buttons on this one stick out a little more than the ones I had in the past.

I suspect yours are being pushed when they are in the old pocket.

Burns up some of the battery life.

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
I guess extended range remotes--- put out a little more juice...

·
Registered
551 Posts
Our Traverse is almost a year old now, no issues yet. But We dont really use the remote start (maybe 2-3 times ever), we do use the liftgate often.

Good news is that the batteries are not too much to replace and easy to do. Or use the other keyfob in the meantime until you have a second or remember to buy batteries.

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
i know what you mean about the batts lasting a long time on previous.
my 2003 Trailblazer (157,000)... the keyfobs still have the original batteries.
1 FOB- the batt is very very low. the 2nd is the one were using. LOOONGG lasting battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts