Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!!! My husband and I just bought a 2lt Dark Cherry with leather and trailering. I just love the Traverse. We were wondering if anyone can answer our question...There is a wiring harness of some sort that was inside the car. We can't figure out what it is (hubby is a car guy) and the sales guy had no clue either. Does anyone know what this could be? I also ordered the PAL (Personal Audio Link) and will have to go back to the dealership to have it put in. I will ask the Parts guy when I go back up there.

·
Registered
70 Posts
That's part of your trailering package, I beleive it is part of the Electric brake that can be installed if you are going to tow something heavy. I would check with the service deparment just to make sure. I have a 07 Tundra that came with the same thing but have not needed to install it yet.,

·
Registered
72 Posts
guapo said:
That's part of your trailering package, I beleive it is part of the Electric brake that can be installed if you are going to tow something heavy. I would check with the service deparment just to make sure. I have a 07 Tundra that came with the same thing but have not needed to install it yet.,
Correct. It is to wire in a brake controller. Just stuff it in the glove box unless you really plan to tow, then go to camping world, get a controller and have them install it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!!!!! Is that normal that it wasn't already installed? We have a jetski that we use alot so we will be towing it alot.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I was wondering what that was for too. Odd that it's not pre-install, or odder that it's even there at all. I've never seen a vehicle of 1/2 ton rating or less (Traverse would be in the "or less" category) that was factory wired for brakes.

gwenstewart, Does your jetski trailer have brakes? I wouldn't think it would, or even need them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Narg said:
I was wondering what that was for too. Odd that it's not pre-install, or odder that it's even there at all. I've never seen a vehicle of 1/2 ton rating or less (Traverse would be in the "or less" category) that was factory wired for brakes.

gwenstewart, Does your jetski trailer have brakes? I wouldn't think it would, or even need them.

No the jetski trailer doesn't have brakes. I guess we really don't need the harness installed ASAP. We were just really shocked to see it in the vehicle. It is also one of those things that I would rather it be on the vehicle instead of taking up space somewhere in the garage to where we will forget about it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You wont be sorry with your purchase. We love ours.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spade said:
You wont be sorry with your purchase. We love ours.
I just love the Traverse!!! We have only had it since Saturday but I just can't get enough of it. I just want to drive it all the time.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Gwen I would not install the harness unless you really need it. When you install these you wire the plug to the brake unit and then plug it in when needed. I have an Avalanche and it came with a similar harness and only plug it in when I am pulling my street rod on the car hailer I use.

·
Registered
161 Posts
gwenstewart said:
I just love the Traverse!!! We have only had it since Saturday but I just can't get enough of it. I just want to drive it all the time.
That's great, Gwen! Hey, when you get the time, give us a breakdown on the deal and package (options, etc.) you got and what city you bought yours in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is a 2LT Dark Cherry, Leather and Trailer, Personal Audio Link (PAL) has been ordered for it. We paid $29,240 before TTL. The sales guy gave us a lower quote than I could have gotten with the supplier price. We got in Houston Texas.

·
Registered
161 Posts
You did good! Considerably under $30,000 for a 2LT with leather, etc. is a very nice price. Sticker had to be $37-38,000.
Why do you think your Houston dealer was motivated to give you that value?

Mini-rant: It just kills me that buying the upscale 2LT only "qualifies" you to buy leather seats as a $1,600 option.
Most of the competition includes leather seats once you move up 1 or 2 levels from the base model!

·
Registered
185 Posts
That was definitely a great price! Employee discount on a LT2 w/leather about $4100 and a LT2 w/cloth about $3600 off MSRP based on my research.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DuayneD said:
You did good! Considerably under $30,000 for a 2LT with leather, etc. is a very nice price. Sticker had to be $37-38,000.
Why do you think your Houston dealer was motivated to give you that value?

Mini-rant: It just kills me that buying the upscale 2LT only "qualifies" you to buy leather seats as a $1,600 option.
Most of the competition includes leather seats once you move up 1 or 2 levels from the base model!
The sticker was about $37,000. The salesman actually quoted me online frist then when I went up there he realized how much lower he quoted under the invoice. He flat out told me that he was way under invoice but he was sticking with the price he told me. He didn't play games with us. That is why we bought from him.

t4me said:
That was definitely a great price! Employee discount on a LT2 w/leather about $4100 and a LT2 w/cloth about $3600 off MSRP based on my research.
I had received an supplier quote on one just like mine and it was $31,000 with the sticker at #37,000. But I think that depends on the delaership because I went to a local dealership to get a supplier price on the one I bought and the guy said $35,000. I walked away because I knew he wasn't 100% truthful.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The supplier price at 35000 for the 38000 Traverse is close, these prices are set by GM not the dealers when you get better prices they are just getting closer to invoice.
Gwen you got a great deal on yours. Did you take the rebates or 0% financing and did you have lease to buy?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I took the 0%.

·
Registered
161 Posts
gwenstewart said:
I took the 0%.
Are you kidding me? You paid $29,240 with NO extra rebates/cash incentives?
Whoa, I'm sure that guy wouldn't do that "mistake" again, or it would almost be worth it for me to come down there from Long Island to buy one.
Does Texas have a state sales tax? (if you do, it's probably less than up here, too). :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
FYI sales tax is calculated on where the vehicle is titled not where you buy it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
danthechevyman said:
FYI sales tax is calculated on where the vehicle is titled not where you buy it.
Curses, foiled again.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts