Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I told they service guy it was pulling but he said they can't do anything until the vehicle has 500 miles on it. He actually told me it's probably just the tire pressures. :eek: So, I took it in yesterday with 890 miles insisting they check it and picked it up today.

The alignmet was off - right rear camber was out 1.5* from spec, right rear toe 1* out, front caster(left & right) 1.2* out.

If you have any doubt, take it in before they say it's not covered under warranty due to potholes..

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
yup-- I would watch the tire wear--- if any.
they will do an alignment free up to a certain mileage....
We took in our Impala-- I think at 10,000 miles-- by that time the dealer refused to do it for free---- stating that we could have hit a curb or something...
so- take it in early--- but not too early as the poster above.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I found this straight out of the GM Warranty guide...

All vehicles require periodic maintenance. Maintenance services, such as those detailed in the owner manual are the owner’s expense. Vehicle lubrication, cleaning, or polishing are not covered. Failure of or damage to components requiring replacement or repair due to vehicle use,
wear, exposure, or lack of maintenance is not covered. Items such as:
• Audio System Cleaning • Brake Pads/Linings • Clutch Linings • Coolants and Fluids • Filters • Keyless Entry (or other remote
transmitter/receiver batteries) *
• Limited Slip Rear Axle Service
• Tire Rotation
Wheel Alignment/Balance ** • Wiper Inserts are covered up to the first maintenance inspection period outlined in the Owner Manual.
Any replacement at the time of, or beyond the maintenance inspection period is considered maintenance, and is not covered as part of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. The New Vehicle Limited Warranty only covers components when replacement or repair of these components is the result of a defect in material or workmanship.
* Consumable battery covered up to 12 months only.
** Maintenance items after 7,500 miles.

So from the factory the alignment is covered up to 7,500 miles

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
ahhhhhhh see, I was 2,500 miles to late...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet! Thanks again for the details MIC.

:cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts