Traverse Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiance and I went out car shopping today. We loved the traverse and ended up with a 2010 Traverse LTZ. It is loaded with the sun roofs and console in the middle row. It is the metallic black colour. We didn't expect to get the LTZ but couldn't refuse the deal we got. We are to pick it up on Tuesday, we are very excited. It will be nice to get rid of the 08 Hyundai Elantra. The Traverse is like driving a bulldozer copared to it.

Can't wait to get my new wheels, and I look forward to all the info this forum has to offer.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Welcome, welcome to you and your lady. I have nearly the identical Traverse except no rear console. Mine has the titanium leather seats. I turned over 25,000 miles yesterday and still no mechanical issues except a noisy steering wheel early on.

Good luck and welcome to the forum. You're going to really like having the LTZ.

G

·
canadaman111 said:
My fiance and I went out car shopping today. We loved the traverse and ended up with a 2010 Traverse LTZ. It is loaded with the sun roofs and console in the middle row. It is the metallic black colour. We didn't expect to get the LTZ but couldn't refuse the deal we got. We are to pick it up on Tuesday, we are very excited. It will be nice to get rid of the 08 Hyundai Elantra. The Traverse is like driving a bulldozer copared to it.

Can't wait to get my new wheels, and I look forward to all the info this forum has to offer.
If you don't mind me asking; what did you pay for the 10 and what part of the country do you live? You can give a range if you are uncomfortable with giving an exact price ;D I'm curious to know what dealers are letting their inventory of 10's go for

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I am Canadian. The LTZ had a aticker price of $54000. After 8000 for my trade employee discount and the 2000 he took off we were at $39000.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had the LTZ since this past tuesday and I am loving it. I think I find more new things I love everyday. I am hoping that the gas mileage gets a little better as the vehicle gets to be more broken in.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Your mileage will improve with engine break-in. But, especially with the Traverse, mileage has everything to do with a feather light foot. If you can ease yourself away from a stop, ie shifting around 2000 rpm, you are going to notice a fuel savings.

Most people will admit, the Traverse is designed for the highway. It is smooth, and refined, and gets GREAT mileage doing around 100-105km/h. I can easily keep it under 10L/100km on the highway. I usually average around 12-14L/100km doing 60% city, 40% highway. Plus when my wife gets behind the wheel, she doesn't care so much about the mileage, as she does about carting the kids around while they are happy, and in between feedings, naps, etc....

Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Mine began showing mileage improvements after 10,000 miles. I now get 18 to 19 in city/highway and 23 to 27 on highway only.

65 MPH seems to be the sweet spot for the 27 mpg on the highway. I have now gone on 3 trips this summer, one with 5500 miles and 2 with 1500 miles each, for a total of 8500 miles on the road. fact is, we are on ther 3rd trip, as I write.

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts