Traverse Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Traverse LT. I'm having an issue with the remote battery terminals under the hood. They will not work for jumping the vehicle or another. Is there a fuse to this remote terminal? I checked and cannot find an obvious issue. No other electrical issues. Just have to connect straight to the battery to jump the vehicle. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Make sure it's actually connected at the battery.

The other side or negative terminal is grounded make sure that's still connected.

It sounds like a wire is off some where.

That cable should run right to the battery no fuse as it's intended to jump the vehicle.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Same issue - can't jump start

I am having, with my 2013 Traverse, the same issue. Did the other person find a solution to this problem? If they did can they post it. It would give me a starting point before I start tearing things apart looking. On mine the voltage reads fine at the ground terminal and positive under the hood but cannot jump start anyone.

It works fine when I connect right to the battery however. Also cannot charge the battery using the under the hood connections. (I left something on and then went out of town for 4 days and got back to a dead battery).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue on my 2010 LT. Cannot jump start my traverse or other cars from terminals under hood. However, when test voltage at terminals under hood it’s always good (over 12v)

I’ve had this issue foryears - time to fix.
How have others diagnosed root cause and fixed?

thanks

freezing in New Hampshire 🥶

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Do some searching. I seem to recall someone replacing the cable from the battery to the underhood ground connection, but I can't seem to find it. I think there may have been a fuse/fusible link in it, IIRC.

Item #14 here is probably what you need:

On the other hand, there are folks who have reported the opposite: They can jump start from under the hood, but not start from the battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts