Traverse Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I know a few of us like to do our own service on our Traverse's.... being a crossover--- it does not have nice solid surfaces to put a jack on---like a body on frame vehicle does.

Some of you know that jacking up the Traverse easily-- is not easy.

If you follow this thread--- youll see a tool that may make it MUCH MUCH easier--- and its cheap too... allows you to easily lift the vehicle- 2 tires at a time....
Im in the process of figuring out if the tool will fit--- (it fits the outlook).

please add comments and opinions.

http://www.saturnoutlookforum.net/index.php?topic=831.0

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
rbarrios said:
Since I know a few of us like to do our own service on our Traverse's.... being a crossover--- it does not have nice solid surfaces to put a jack on---like a body on frame vehicle does.

Some of you know that jacking up the Traverse easily-- is not easy.

If you follow this thread--- youll see a tool that may make it MUCH MUCH easier--- and its cheap too... allows you to easily lift the vehicle- 2 tires at a time....
Im in the process of figuring out if the tool will fit--- (it fits the outlook).

please add comments and opinions.

http://www.saturnoutlookforum.net/index.php?topic=831.0
The price is good, the idea is good, as well. Will the open "channel" cause any damage to the rocker / pinchweld area? Will that section of the rocker provide enough stable support?

Bob

·
Registered
139 Posts
The only thing that might be able to be improved on it if it does not already have it is where it touches the underneath of the vehicle there should be some padding, like foam or felt just anything that wont make a scratch.

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
doesnt home depot sell some liquid that you dunk your tools in--or the ends--- to give it a rubbery handle?

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, it appears this tool will work.
the outlook owner measured his- 1/2 inch gap between the plastic panel and the pinch weld.
I measured mine-- roughly 1/2 inch also- the plastic also can be pulled back a little if need be.....

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
:thumb: Hey that's some good infromation I going to check mine out to see if that will work also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts