Traverse Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2020 High Country
475 Posts
2x on a new one, that's the way to go. You already have a ''used'' one.

Reactions: Bubba

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just checked mine and one screw was already stripped from factory, would not tighten and the other was not tight at all. Any way to remedy the stripped one without buying a complete unit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure about that. I just replace mine with a brand new one so time will tell if it fixed the problem. Fingers cross

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just replace the fuse block in my 2013 Chevy Traverse. Now I have no power to anything.
Battery is 14 volts. Help. No idea what to do next.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
First thing I'd do is put the old one back in and see what happens.

If it's OK again, I'd check every fuse in the new one with a meter (not an eyeball) and make sure they're all OK.

Why did you replace it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I replaced the fuse block because my Traverse has been shutting down on me for months. Driving on the highway or
even a local side road. Engine just shuts off. Also, many times stability track, reduced power, etc. Other owners had many repairs done that did not solve the problem. I had a chevy dealer replace my ignition switch. Car ran fine for 300 miles then started shutting down again. Many posts said "just replace the fuse box." GM Service Bulletin PIP5094 was issued
in 2013 relating to loose pin terminal in fuse block if the fault codes are p1682 and P0689. I had those codes.
Another GM Bulletin November 2019 PIT5074 said loose terminals in fuse block "All Brands, All Models 2005-2020"
cause intermittent electrical problems.
Another GM Bulletin December 2019 19-NA-276 entitled "Potential Reduced Engine Power Message Displayed and/or Engine stall with DTCs P1682 and or P0689Set". GM dealers were told to replace the FUSE Block and replace terminal 51 in X50A fuse block-under hood X3.
There was also a preliminary GM Bulletin PIT5643 entitled "Intermittent Reduced Engine Power or Stall with p0689
and/or P1682." The cause was determined to be 'Terminal #51 at X3 Connector of Under Hood Fuse Block loose terminal
tension with arcing corrosion on terminal #51 on fuse block. Correction was: remove the fuse block and use a cell phone camera to zoom in on terminal #51 and see if there is an arc spot on the terminal. "I if arc spot is found, replace under hood fuse panel and terminal 51 in the harness using a terminal lead. Part # for the terminal lead: Wire Kit, Splice Part Number 84757974.
All GM cars and trucks for the past 15 years could experience this problem. In fact through Class Action Suits GM has paid out 100s of millions of dollars to the families of the many people who have been injured and over 100 people who have been killed due to reduce power, engine stalling issues.
So, I replaced the fuse box. I bought the wire splice kit, $9.21, but I have no idea how to fix that part of the issue.
I did take a cell phone photo of Terminal #51 on the under side of my old fuse block. It does have an arc burn mark.
Sorry for the long explanation, but I have been living with this problem for over a year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I replaced the fuse block because my Traverse has been shutting down on me for months. Driving on the highway or
even a local side road. Engine just shuts off. Also, many times stability track, reduced power, etc. Other owners had many repairs done that did not solve the problem. I had a chevy dealer replace my ignition switch. Car ran fine for 300 miles then started shutting down again. Many posts said "just replace the fuse box." GM Service Bulletin PIP5094 was issued
in 2013 relating to loose pin terminal in fuse block if the fault codes are p1682 and P0689. I had those codes.
Another GM Bulletin November 2019 PIT5074 said loose terminals in fuse block "All Brands, All Models 2005-2020"
cause intermittent electrical problems.
Another GM Bulletin December 2019 19-NA-276 entitled "Potential Reduced Engine Power Message Displayed and/or Engine stall with DTCs P1682 and or P0689Set". GM dealers were told to replace the FUSE Block and replace terminal 51 in X50A fuse block-under hood X3.
There was also a preliminary GM Bulletin PIT5643 entitled "Intermittent Reduced Engine Power or Stall with p0689
and/or P1682." The cause was determined to be 'Terminal #51 at X3 Connector of Under Hood Fuse Block loose terminal
tension with arcing corrosion on terminal #51 on fuse block. Correction was: remove the fuse block and use a cell phone camera to zoom in on terminal #51 and see if there is an arc spot on the terminal. "I if arc spot is found, replace under hood fuse panel and terminal 51 in the harness using a terminal lead. Part # for the terminal lead: Wire Kit, Splice Part Number 84757974.
All GM cars and trucks for the past 15 years could experience this problem. In fact through Class Action Suits GM has paid out 100s of millions of dollars to the families of the many people who have been injured and over 100 people who have been killed due to reduce power, engine stalling issues.
So, I replaced the fuse box. I bought the wire splice kit, $9.21, but I have no idea how to fix that part of the issue.
I did take a cell phone photo of Terminal #51 on the under side of my old fuse block. It does have an arc burn mark.
Sorry for the long explanation, but I have been living with this problem for over a year.
Hom much you find it for and where, i may try this for my random stalling issues. 2012 traverse.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
I'm pretty sure the money and deaths you're speaking of are related to the ignition switch re-design, not the fuse block.

I can't speak to the wire splice kit, since I've never seen it. But I'm wondering if you couldn't just slightly crimp the terminal on the fuse block that it plugs into??

Looks like connector X3 terminal 51 feeds the Bank 1 ignition coils:

Have you tried the old fuse block yet? And have you checked all the fuses? I'd for sure check the ODD COILS fuse on the new fuse block.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hom much you find it for and where, i may try this for my random stalling issues. 2012 traverse.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I bought a new fuse block, Part #22933347, for 2013 and 2014 Traverse, from a chevy dealer $233.
Wire kit Part Number 84757974, $9.21 Chevy Dealer in MA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Traverse is in the shop at the Dealer again for this issue. Last time, they replaced the computer. Now, they say it's the "underhood fuse block assembly" - I hate to look stupid but is that what you are recommending they replace? They're saying it's not covered under the bumper-to-bumper warranty or the extended warranty and should cost about $525+tax. Very frustrating!
Yes replace the whole under hood fuse block ..
That is exactly what I ended up doing .. All my issues disappeared and my Traverse never ran better .. The fuseblock cost me approximately $280.00 Canadian .. and I installed it myself .. I actually is pretty easy job to do

61 - 72 of 72 Posts