Traverse Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
terie, check your brake fluid level and top it off if it is a little low. I was getting all this in January/February and in the end topping off the brake fluid fixed the problem until the recent Stabilitrak problem (this time I'm not seeing reduced engine power).
2013 traverse everytime hit bumps the symptoms reduce engine power etc. I tighten down under hood fuse box and shake it a little and the engine light goes away so does symptoms. I’m thinking new fuse box as well .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you! We’re going to give it a try.
Sometimes, just removing the fuse box lid, and gently tightening the two silver screws while wobbling the box will correct problems. It seems the factory was perhaps worried about stripping these screws, and didn't get the tight. Be gentle, don't strip the threads.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having all of the same stabiliTrak/Traction Control/reduced power issues as well in my 2014 Traverse. It is in the shop today, and the dealership just called to say that it is the Fuse Box,and would be $644 to replace. Is that reasonable?

Also, if I wanted to replace the fuse box (inclusive of all fuses and relays) myself is it that difficult? What is the part number?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am having all of the same stabiliTrak/Traction Control/reduced power issues as well in my 2014 Traverse. It is in the shop today, and the dealership just called to say that it is the Fuse Box,and would be $644 to replace. Is that reasonable?

Also, if I wanted to replace the fuse box (inclusive of all fuses and relays) myself is it that difficult? What is the part number?

A month ago I replaced my fuse box on a 2013. I bought the OEM box from the local chevy dealer for $160.00 and it took an hour for me to replace. I am not a mechanic. It sounds like the dealer wants around$400 for an hour of labor.

It was easier than a brake job but dont bend the terminals

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
You got an excellent deal at $160 for a fuse and relay box. They run about $210 on line:

I paid $128 for one for my 2011 back in 2012.

Easy swap out. Disconnect the hot leads (tape them) and unscrew the 2 screws inside the box. Pull it up and out. Put the new one in, tighten the screws, re-attach the hot leads. About 20 minutes if you're slow.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
2 GM websites had mine for 150/160 so I used Courtesy Chevrolet online because it is local to me. Perhaps demand went up because these fuse boxes are defective , so they jacked the prices up.

·
Registered
1 Posts

They are being dishonest with you.
Call the service department at two other dealerships and ask for a quote, and if they have the part in stock.
Use that information to negotiate with the dealer service which has your car. After they do they job, or you take it elsewhere, never use them for anything again. Not even an oil change - they will lie about other urgently needed services.

·
Registered
11,224 Posts
Ahh Courtesy Chevrolet- San Diego.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went ahead and let the dealership take care of it. The part in Houston was over $300, which seems weird that there is a pricing difference. I was already in a rental car for the day and the dealership is 20+ miles from where I work, so the avoiding the hassle of shuffling the cars around, finding a knowledgeable friend to help me replace the part for free, etc., seemed worth the extra $300.

However, I failed to mention in my original post that my A/C also went out a few weeks ago. Has anyone had this associated problem? The dealership checked out the A/C yesterday when they were diagnosing the other issues, and said that it was the A/C condenser and said that it would be over $1100 to fix. I pushed that off because I wanted to make sure that the fuse box replacement was going to solve the StabiliTrak/Traction Control issue before I sank any more money into this money pit of a vehicle. Miraculously, the A/C came on when I picked up the car this morning! Imagine that!

I am crossing my fingers that this is a permanent fix for all of the issues I've experienced.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Amazing how they diagnosed the A/C problem to be a condenser and an electrical repair fixed the problem. I really have lost most of my faith in Dealer Mechanics. Lets hope that all the issues are resolved and you have a trouble free vehicle for some time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update: Was able to find the fuse box online, with all fuses, for $168. Took 45 minutes to replace. 3 months later no more P1682 codes or issues with stabilitrack, reduced power, etc. Only other issue since then was the coolant temp sensor. She's running like a champ now.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts