Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have had bad luck with my new Traverse and seeking advice\suggestions from people who may have experience similiar problems.

I bought my Traverse on Sunday May 10, 2009. On Friday May 15, 2009 with only 179 miles the Traverse would not go forward while in drive. It got towed to the dealer and has been there since. They have dropped the transmission and contacted Chevy cause of the Low mileage. Got an update from service. They said they found a shaving of metal that got caught with in some valve system in the transmission. I asked were the shaving came from. He said it is normal in this system just so happen the magnet didnt catch it. Don't know if that is true as to how the tranny works. I asked the dealer to just swap me into a different Traverse but they will not. I feel they made money on the sale and now make more money with the repairs. And I will be left doing all the work to get Chevy to buy it back after it qualifies under the lemon law. I believe the dealer could have done more for its customer.

Any suggestions.
:angryfire:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sandictive, sorry to hear about your troubles. There are always gonna be a few lemons in the bunch, unfortunately. When I purchased my Traverse, I was told that I had 30 days in which I could bring the Traverse back if I wasn't completely satisfied. If I were you, I would contact Chevy directly to see if that applies to your dealership. Otherwise, contact your dealership directly and inquire. Does anyone else out there that knows what in particular the 30-day satisfaction guarantee offers or how it works exactly? Check your resources before giving up and do it quick, as your 30 days is near. Good luck!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. I understand things happen I just hope they make this right. I did as you advised and called Customer service. They are going to look into it further and call me within 24 hrs. Let see what happens.

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Keep us all posted as to what Customer Service says. Back in 2001, I purchased a Dodge Minivan. My dealership offered a program which advised that if major repairs were needed within 30 days they would replace the vehicle with another. Something to do with the Lemon Law. I drove my van for 31 days and I loved the van. On the 2nd hour of the 31st day a head gasket went. I wasn't all that concerned initially because it was covered under the warranty. The dealership had the van for 8 days while they fixed the head gasket. Three weeks later the transmission went. It took two weeks for the dealership to rebuild the transmission. Two weeks later, the transmission went again and I insisted that they put a new transmission in the van. We fought back and forth until they finally agreed to do so. My van was at the dealership an additional two weeks. I inquired as to why it was taking so long for the repairs to be completed. Apparently, the dealership was short on staff and they apologized profusely. In the meantime, I felt completely overwhelmed that I was making payments on a vehicle I wasn't even able to drive. Two months later, the transmission went out again. This time, I told the dealership that the van was parked in front of my house and for them to come and get it and to keep it. I attempted to fight the dealership at that point because had the initial issue of the head gasket blowing had happened two hours prior to when it did, the dealership would have had to offer to put me in another vehicle based upon their 30 day guarantee. In the end, the dealership picked up the van and erased the debt owed. I then went on to purchase another vehicle. It was worth the small fight I had to put up, but I wasn't about to back down. If need be, fight for what is right and don't back down! Good luck and keep us all posted!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well they did call back within 24hrs. At first they told it was ok and they will fix it. I went on to tell them that it would be hard to trust this vehicle and my family is not comfortable with it. They had called the dealer and was told I would get my car back that day. They went ahead and Moved my case up to the next level.

I did get it back that nigh with in 24 hrs there was a rattling. Took it back in and they found out it was the heat shield around the O2 sensor. They got it fixed.

Now today my 12v power socket up front do not work. I went to look at the fuse and notice the tabs on the fuse cover broken. And the fuse is also blown.

Hopefully they wont try and blame that on me......

·
Registered
994 Posts
Sandictive said:
They had called the dealer and was told I would get my car back that day.

I did get it back that night with in 24 hrs.
So did the invoice/receipt confirm their original diagnosis of some metal shavings in some transmission valve body?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts