Traverse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Traverse and have read several posts about issues with the iPhone and the USB, although my issue is slightly different....

My iPhone will charge and will connnect when I initially plug it in and will even play music through the radio for about 30 seconds or so, then the sound stops. The radio controls still work to navigate the music (i.e. change songs, see/change playlists, etc.) but no sound. Unplugging the cable and plugging it back in doesn't help either. The only way to get the sound back is to turn off the car for a few minutes, but when turning it back on I only get another 30 seconds before the music stops again.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, were you able to come up with a solution to correct the problem?

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Mnehrkorn-
I have read you post. I can understand how frustrating this issue must be. Have you had the lastest firmware update done as of yet?
Michelle – Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No.......based on some of the other posts that I have seen with similiar issues it seemed to me that GM didn't really have an answer for the problem(s) occurring with the USB and the iPhone.

So is there known fixes to the firmware that might correct my problem? Or are you just saying that I should try that first to see if it solves my problem?

Either way, I guess I will schedule a service appt and have the firmware udpated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just picked up my new ride. Yes, it is doing the same thing.

A

·
0 Posts
I would think the 11 model would have all the latest firmware updates installed prior to delivery

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm fairly positive this isn't an issue with the car. The same issue has been reported on multiple brands of cars. Rumor has it the iOS 4.2 upgrade due in November should fix it. Time will tell.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was able to get and install the 4.2 OS (gold master) upgrade, and so far it does seem to resolve my USB issues. I still get the "accessory not compliant" or similar message, but the audio doesn't cut out after 30 seconds or so anymore. If that changes, I'll post back. If you're interested in getting the OS before its actually released, google has plenty of info on it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All I can find is sites that want me to sign up for a service to download the upgrade -- could you share the link(s) you found to download 4.2?

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you're not used to using these files prior to actual release, I'd recommend you wait. With the gold version out now, the OS should be out in a week or two if not sooner. Not only do you need the code, but you have to acquire the latest beta of itunes as well (10.1.0.10 I think). The OS is best found on pirate bay via torrent (search on ios 4.2, you'll find it). The itunes beta might also be out there. It took me a few tries to get the phone to upgrade (had to restore a few times).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found all the software (iTunes and 4.2 restore) at intech-bb.com.

It was a little tricky -- had to first upgrade to iTunes and then restore to the iOS 4.2 -- but it completed with no issues at all. I would also recommend anyone with limited computer knowledge wait for the actual release from Apple.

Anyway, this release seems to have solved all my problems. I too get that "accessory not supported" message, but the music plays uninterrupted, all the radio controls work and the iphone even charges. Have not tried to receive a call yet when playing music but I'm hopeful that will work as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A little off topic, but you can also now print from your phone if there is a wireless printer, or even a wired printer shared on your home PC. Also a bunch of new (kind of "silly") text message tones you can pick from.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts