Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone
I have a 2010 traverse LS and I am attempting to change the fuel injectors. I got the front fuel rail out, the one closest to the bumper. I am stuck at the back one. It seems the end of the injectors are loose from the bore so I can wiggle it around but it looks like there is no way to get the rail out with with the top of the injector still in the rail. There is just no room on that left side as it bumps into the other part. Does anybody know a trick or tool to get this out.

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
@9:30.
but I guess no real trick.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@9:30.
but I guess no real trick.

Ya I have watched that. Unfortunately he doesn't show it coming out or how he got it out. Just cuts and says he got it out. For all we know we cut it into pieces to get it out and then got a replacement fuel rail for the video.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did this last year. It's definitely a PITA. I feel like most of the injectors stayed in the bores, but I was hoping they'd stick in the rail to no avail. It's just a matter of twisting the rail just right to get clearance, but it does come out.

I think I may have needed to slide it to the right (where the high pressure fuel hoses were) to get it out too. - maybe to line up the wide flanges on the rail with the wider gaps in the manifold/head.

I think there are a few other videos or writeups around too - I seem to remember one where a guy had either the motor or engine out of the car & shows how to wiggle the rail out.

I made a tool to pull the stuck injectors out of the bore - basically a copy of the tool that is made for it - looks like a small claw from a hammer that can slip under the end of the injector with a handle on top to help jerk it out.

Edit: here's a video, but it's not the one I remember - might help though.

Good luck!
RS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts