Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a beautiful midwestern spring day today (60 degrees, sunny as possible, and a little breezy).

Since it was a tad breezy, when I went to change the baby's diaper, I climbed into the cargo area (with 3rd row folded down) and closed the liftgate behind me (there is a handle you can pull). Once the diaper was changed, I wanted to get out and get back to the great outdoors, except I could not figure out how to open the liftgate from the inside. There is a handle, but no latch release as far as I can tell. I've looked. I know in car trunks there is a required glow-in-the-dark trunk release, but I'm guessing since I could have climbed over the second seat and gotten out, it's not required.

Does anyone know if there is a release I am just not finding or whether it is a feature no one figured I'd need (had it less than 2 weeks and have already needed it once)?

By the way, my husband eventually let us out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Keep a key fob on you to open it. If of course you have the automatic rear door.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Re: Is there a Lift gate Release on the inside?

There is no internal release for the rear lift gate. The reason behind that is you can get out the doors unlike if you are locked in your trunk. Minivans don't come with interior releases either.

·
Registered
185 Posts
This is EXACTLY why I demanded the power liftgate and a remote. Now, when the mother-in-law visits and I am in 3rd row seating, I no longer have to rely on my mother-in-law to decide to let me out (I already know my wife's position on that). HA!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts