Traverse Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as part of some delivery issues with getting our 2011 LT1 last week, the dealer agreed to install a remote start.

After talking about it several times, and him checking with the service dept, and even after checking with the VIN# they say that there isn't a GM one that will work, and it has to be an aftermarket one. I've seen things on here about sticking with the OEM starter, but it doesn't seem to be an option.

Anyone have this experience (I'm assuming 2010's are the same)? If so, is there an exact part number that will work?

A

·
0 Posts
Did you order this vehicle or is it off the dealer's lot?

The only reason I ask is because the Personal Connectivity Package comes with remote start:

Includes Bluetooth for phone (for select phones), remote vehicle start with extended-range remote keyless entry and 3-channel programmable universal home remote with garage door opener.

In order to choose this feature, you also need to add: -Bluetooth for phone, personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system -Remote vehicle start -Universal Home Remote

So GM does have a remote start that will work with your 1LT; this package is $340

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Do NOT, under any circumstance, install an aftermarket remote starter.

Bob

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AA/78U said:
Did you order this vehicle or is it off the dealer's lot?

The only reason I ask is because the Personal Connectivity Package comes with remote start:

Includes Bluetooth for phone (for select phones), remote vehicle start with extended-range remote keyless entry and 3-channel programmable universal home remote with garage door opener.

In order to choose this feature, you also need to add: -Bluetooth for phone, personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system -Remote vehicle start -Universal Home Remote

So GM does have a remote start that will work with your 1LT; this package is $340
I know, but can I get the starter installed after the fact?

We got it off the lot, sorta... I had a thread about it, but basically, the car we "bought" ended up having some paint issues that the dealer has to fix.... They had one coming in a couple days later and honestly, it was the exact vehicle that we wanted, and I think we got a pretty nice deal on it.

I didn't come in for several more days, and we were thinking of things that we could add to help make up for the delay... Ended up with cross rails and asked them to install a remote start, which they agreed to. I didn't think that it would be too complicated, but it's turning out to be.

So long story short, we didn't really need the personal connectivity package, but thought we could get a GM starter installed at the dealer as a throw in for our "troubles".

A

·
0 Posts
Well that was kinda my point; you stated the dealer said that GM didn't have one which makes no sense since it comes from the factory like that

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AA/78U said:
Well that was kinda my point; you stated the dealer said that GM didn't have one which makes no sense since it comes from the factory like that
But is it something a dealer can install? Not everything you can add at the factory can be installed by the dealer, right?

A

·
0 Posts
rival

I would expect a dealer to be able to install a remote start; and the fact that GM makes a remote start makes me believe that the dealer is unwilling to take on the project IMO. ;D FWIW; I can't think of any option available that a dealer couldn't install

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
theres a thread here somewhere- and im pretty sure-- that someone had their dealer install a GM remote start on an LS or a LT1.

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
just read- another thread-- the owner had the dealer install the GM remote start- on his 2010 LT1.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Rival,

Your GM dealer should be able to install anything on the vehicle that is offered as A GM ACCESSORY.

That being said, the dealer can not or may not install an item that is factory installed, but no GM accessory exists, such as upgrading from a manual a/c system to an automatic a/c system with 2 or 3 zones. That would be factory only.

Sadly, some GM dealers are on the lax side getting their techs the proper schooling, and, even though GM wants all techs to be on top of their game, some dealers do not emphasize that side of education for the techs ..... and some techs do not want to learn anything new.

That is not opinion, that is from my experience with Chevy and GM, within my career.

Sometimes, it was a true uphill battle.

Bob

·
Registered
10 Posts
bobg1951chevy said:
Do NOT, under any circumstance, install an aftermarket remote car starters.

Bob
I am hoping you can help me on installing the remote starter. My friend is currently working on it but until now there is no good result. Is there any manual for detailed process to follow on this? Please advice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The 2011 LT1 we bought a couple of weeks ago came with the Remote Start. Talking with my dealer, they said it is possible.

Good Luck
Glenn

·
Registered
324 Posts
bobg1951chevy said:
Rival,

That being said, the dealer can not or may not install an item that is factory installed, but no GM accessory exists, such as upgrading from a manual a/c system to an automatic a/c system with 2 or 3 zones. That would be factory only.
Based on what I've read, another would be the towing package. The dealer can add the hitch, but the rest of the pieces are too extensive. Of course, with enough money...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts