Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a Chevy Dealer today looking at a new Traverse LT. They said that the Supplier pricing was the best price they could offer me. Not a dime lower. Is this typical of all dealers or are some willing to go lower.

The Traverse LT I was looking at was MSRP $33,015. The Supplier price was $31,753. After the $1750 rebate it was $30,003. I offered them $29,000...No Dice! Am I stupid to think I can get it for this price?

BTW, I am in MN.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just picked up my Traverse LS awd, I paid invoice.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
kkaldor said:
I was at a Chevy Dealer today looking at a new Traverse LT. They said that the Supplier pricing was the best price they could offer me. Not a dime lower. Is this typical of all dealers or are some willing to go lower.

The Traverse LT I was looking at was MSRP $33,015. The Supplier price was $31,753. After the $1750 rebate it was $30,003. I offered them $29,000...No Dice! Am I stupid to think I can get it for this price?

BTW, I am in MN.
Ask to see the invoice on the vehicle. You will see the 'invoice" price and the "supplier "price. Why $29,000? Don't just throw out numbers without knowing what the cost of the vehicle is. You could also go online to get invoice and MSRP. Be informed BEFORE negotiations begin.

Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bobg1951chevy said:
Ask to see the invoice on the vehicle. You will see the 'invoice" price and the "supplier "price. Why $29,000? Don't just throw out numbers without knowing what the cost of the vehicle is. You could also go online to get invoice and MSRP. Be informed BEFORE negotiations begin.

Bob
Bob, thanks for not answering my question, but instead telling me I don't know what I'm doing.

According to Edmunds the MSRP of this vehicle would be $33,090 and Invoice is $31,276. The dealer showed me the Invoice price which was the same as the Supplier price $31,753. (They must be adding something on that I'm missing). After $1,750 rebate the price would be $29,667. I didn't just throw out the $29,000 out of nowhere. I'm not that dumb. Many people on this forum have said NOT to pay anything over invoice and $500 below is a good deal. So I'm $667 below invoice and don't think that's a bad place for me to start since I figured they would probably counter offer anyways.

Still nobody has answered my question. Is Supplier pricing the best a dealer can/will do? I would like answers from people who have recently bought a Traverse with this deal going on. Did you get a better price than Supplier price?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Bob, thanks for not answering my question, but instead telling me I don't know what I'm doing.

It was not my intention to imply you didn't know what you were doing.

Take the chip off your shoulder.

Instead, I was attempting to assist you with the processes that may direct you to a satisfactory price. Now someone else can assist you.

Bob

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
They had a promo recently-- Employee pricing for friends...
you had to get the code from a Current GM employee... though I think that sale is over.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Invoice and Supplier are going to be kneck and kneck. I doubt there's ever a considerible drop off from one to the other. If anything, the difference will be a couple hundred at best...if anything.

Deals are had with incentives or the special financing, depending on the current promo.

·
Registered
272 Posts
That was the difference with my purchase. It was $100 or $200 difference ( I can't remember exactly because we priced an AWD and FWD) between supplier price and invoice price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got $1250 below the dealer-quoted supplier pricing for my purchase. There was another dealer that offered me $1750 below supplier pricing, but it came after I committed to the other dealer. Such is life. NOTE that these discounts off supplier pricing WERE NOT the Chevy Incentives...we went without the incentives & took the 0% financing. The $1250 & $1750 off supplier pricing were BEFORE the potential incentive savings. Let me know if you want more details. We purchased a 2009 Traverse LT1 with towing & navigation. Dealer was in MN.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The dealer can absolutely do better than supplier pricing. I bought our Traverse back in January and got a FWD LT1 for 24,990 +TTL. I have worked at a car dealership and I can tell you that "invoice" is only part of the story. Don't even let the dealer show it to you. It means nothing

There are other reasons that the dealer wants to sell you the car including, quotas, dealer bonuses, dealer cash, financing kickbacks - all which bring the true cost of the car FAR below invoice for them.

Are you in a rural area? Is this the only Chevy dealer around? Things like this will affect your dealers willingness to negotiate. On our car we lucked out because there are 12+ Chevy dealers within 50 miles of my house in Seattle. At that time it was rumored that GM would be terminating dealerships so they were all willing to haggle. Couple that with a FWD car, which tend to not to sell as well and I got a smokin' deal.

The websites out there do an OK job of giving you a reasonable price range to expect, but I would recommend going in with a price you're willing to pay and leaving if you don't get it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts