Traverse Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I got the iPod lockpck from http://www.coastaletech.com

Does anyone know where the XM Module is mounted in the 2009 Traverse? I pulled the glove box as suggested, but it's nowhere to be seen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bob

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was told by a guy at Crutchfield that the XM module was behind the passenger side front kick panel. I didn't find it there either!
Anyway, I didn't think installing the lockpick required you to go near the XM unit; it being just a jumper harness behind the radio.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I found it last night. The XM unit is in the access panel where the jack is located. It is mounted up behind the taillight. It is pretty tough to get at, but I managed. The lockpick I installed was the Ipod lockpick unit. It connects via a 't' harness to the XM unit. It works well.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Search here and on the Buick Enclave forums for installation experiences and pictures. It's not a walk in the park, with lots of wiring (as you'd expect with the location of the XM module)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All is well. Installation was relatively easy, I also installed the NAV/DVD lockpick. The installation of the NAV lockpick was much easier. It works like a charm.

Now my wife can find the beginning of the DVD's for my 3 and 5 year olds without leaning into the back seat and trying to look at the screen, she can also input addresses while we are driving, both items make the lockpick worth the price of admission.

I highly recommend it!

·
Registered
20 Posts
bob23 said:
she can also input addresses while we are driving,
I have installed the lockpick this week. The instructions say to hit the mute button on the steering wheel twice to activate the ability to enter addresses while moving. Where is the "Mute" button?

·
Registered
551 Posts
twinjayhawks said:
I have installed the lockpick this week. The instructions say to hit the mute button on the steering wheel twice to activate the ability to enter addresses while moving. Where is the "Mute" button?
Mute button is on the steering wheel, right side, middle button, I think off the top of my head.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I read with interest about the lockpick. I never heard of such a thing, but I must have one. It looks like it unlocks the nav system and DVD player. I'll get one but I have a more pressing issue that maybe some of the experts can shed light on. I have a lifetime Sirius subscription on one of my cars and can add additional cars for whatever the monthly charge is, 5 or 6 dollars. My 2010 Traverse has the XM radio, and contrary to what I have read, when I called XM to add the Traverse to my Sirius subscription, they said no way. I know I can buy a module to input Sirius into the radio system. My question is: If I switch to Sirius will I still have the traffic available on my route guidance with the nav system that I now get from XM? I haven't been able to find an answer to the question. Help is appreciated.

Thanks
Ray Raskin
2010 Traverse Traveler's Ed.
loving it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tiestosteele said:
Mute button is on the steering wheel, right side, middle button, I think off the top of my head.
Is that the button you would use to answer the phone(that is what my middle button is)? I have bluetooth so I am not sure if the buttons are the same on all cars.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The one above the phone answer button (it's also the hang up phone button) The biggest button in that cluster. And, the one you hold for a couple seconds in order to initiate hands free talk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts