Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we're just getting started here, I think it would be nice to hear a little about the members who are joining. If you want, introduce yourself in this thread and let us know where you are from.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm Chuck, from Princeton, NJ and Drive the '08 Saturn Outlook XR Garnet color FWD. If the Traverse existed back in Sept. '07.....I would have considered it.

I selected the Outlook over the Enclave and Acadia because at the time I sligtly prefered the design....although the Acadia design has grown on me and I now like it just as much if not a little more. All four lamdas look great to me!
Key1

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think that I speak for all of us in the Enclave, Acadia, Outlook, and Traverse forums inthat we would all like to have our ADMIN introduce himelf. Lets get a little background on our leader. :notworthy:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Actually xrayman, unless I am mistaken, our admin is a "herself" (Stacy) ...

Tom here from San Diego - currently drive a Mazda CX-7 on a 2 year lease - previouly had a '95 4Runner that blew its head gasket at 150K miles and while that truck was awesome (the head gasket was the first major repair I'd had on it in over 10 years) I decided it was time to get something else before the repairs started racking up. Got the CX-7 right about when the Acadia was being introduced and since I needed something quick, didn't have time to wait. Since then have had my eyes on an Acadia, since the CX-7 is too small (I now have 2 girls, 2.5 years and 4 months old) - really like the Acadia, but never loved the headlights, so when I heard that Chevy was coming out with a Lambda, was curious to see what it would be like (would also be interested to see if the Acadia Denali would be significantly different). Like what I've seen regarding the Traverse so far, so right now the short list for the CX-7 replacement is the Traverse and Acadia.

Am happy to see that the at least one major American car manufacturer is getting some good design sense (GM) - don't really know where the Japanese brands are going with their design direction (the new Pilot is hideous, the new Highlander is kind of odd looking, the newly announced Toyota Venza is equally strange looking, the new Murano just kind of went into left field, the new Sequoia now looks like a Ford Excursion, etc.) Of course this is all just my own very subjective opinion about all of this, but in any case, I'm looking forward to see a Traverse in person and test driving.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tom in SD said:
Actually xrayman, unless I am mistaken, our admin is a "herself" (Stacy) ...
If that is the case, then Admin needs to change the gender symbol! ???

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not to mention the fact that I know males that are named both Tracy and Stacy. :thumb:

I'm pjbruin6 in both acadia/traverse forum, tuberosa in enclave-don't ask, long boring story. I thought I was ready to buy an Enclave this past summer but after putting in significant repairs on an 03 Trailblazer, I figured I'd wait on my retention check and see how the Traverse came out since we have traditionally been a bow tie family (except for the wife's mid life Mustang convertible).

Now that I see that the Traverse has a lot of what I liked in the Enclave and bluetooth to boot I am trying to be patient enough to wait for delivery. This is going to be really hard if I got hit with more TB repairs or if they start offering some incentives on the Enclaves.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL! This always happens, both online and in real life. Ok here goes...

I'm Stacy, sorry guys, I'm male, so please don't hit on me :p I'm 35, married and have two awesome girls - a 3 year old and an 8 month old. I'm a "senior internet network engineer" for a VERY large telecom company, which doesn't explain at all what I do for a living - basically web application development and database admin stuff. I've lived in Northern VA since 2001, a transplant from Oklahoma (Boomer Sooner!).

When our second child was on the way, we knew we needed to upgrade to a vehicle that could carry two adults, two child seats and still have room left for another passenger or two. That meant three rows and Capts chairs in the middle. I was sure my wife would end up getting a minivan, but as luck would have it, I caught an episode of "Autoweek" where they reviewed the Saturn Outlook. It also happened to be days before the 2007 DC Auto Show. So we attended and saw the acadia, the outlook and the Enclave Concept in person. We pretty much instantly loved the Acadia. We test drove the Saturn the next day (a Sunday, Saturn dealership was open, GMC was closed) and test drove the Acadia the next day. Two days later, we were the proud new owners of one of the first handful of Lambdas sold in Virginia!

I started acadiaforum.net a week later and have been a die hard Lambda evangelist for more than a year now! We own a 2007 SLT1 (Carbon Metallic / Titanium) and a 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am from Ontario, Canada. My family (2 adults, 2 kids, dog, 2 rats) own a 2003 Montana. We have a pop up trailer that tops 3000 pounds in weight. We love to camp with our trailer but found that the Montana strained a bit in Northern Ontario.
In 2009 we are travelling to Victoria BC and back. We plan to go through the US on part of this trip. My wife and I both feel that we need something more powerful and more reliable as a tow vehicle for this trip. When I started looking for a replacement vehicle, it occured to me that there is a real "whole" in the auto market in this area. We wanted a vehicle with good gas mileage, power enough for towing around 4000 pounds and yet enough room for our family.
In the end it is the Lambdas that really caught my attention. As of last year I liked the Outlook the best. We would have bought one by now but the nearest dealer is >2 hrs away and I have been told by GM head office that only Saturn dealeers can service a Saturn vehicle. We just bought a 2008 Cobalt and are quite happy with it. Now that the Chevy is introducing the Traverse soon, I am quite happy to wait.

·
Registered
20 Posts
admin said:
LOL! This always happens, both online and in real life. Ok here goes...

I'm Stacy, sorry guys, I'm male, so please don't hit on me
So you're a guy, huh? And all this time I thought... So what are you doing later? ;)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
axiama said:
So you're a guy, huh? And all this time I thought... So what are you doing later? ;)
I can't believe it! I've been hit on by an actual real life female online! I'm writing this date down for posterity! hahah ;)

All joking aside, I really DO get hit on by guys quite a bit. I think I've gotten a very small glimpse into what life must be like for women online. ****, us guys sure can be pigs! :angel:

·
Registered
115 Posts
admin said:
I can't believe it! I've been hit on by an actual real life female online! I'm writing this date down for posterity! hahah ;)
Hey, axiama. Tell him your new nickname we discussed. :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
admin said:

All joking aside, I really DO get hit on by guys quite a bit. I think I've gotten a very small glimpse into what life must be like for women online.
It’s not so bad when you frequent a forum for a 7 passenger vehicle. Most of us are married with families so it’s not much of an issue. And then occasionally…

zman said:
Hey, axiama. Tell him your new nickname we discussed. :p
:eyebrow:

admin said:
us guys sure can be pigs!
Yep.

:happy:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Axiama:

Wow, that is the best job of piecing together different postings to form a coherent argument that I have seen on these boards.

Good job. :cheers:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did you acutally say something nice to me just now? :confused: I'm going to have to check the weather channel to see if **** froze over today. :D

Back on topic, I am married with two daughters. You'll usually find me on enclaveforum.net as I'm the proud owner of an Enclave named Burt. I'm looking forward to the release of the Traverse. It looks like GM will have another winner on its hands.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all,
Greetings from NJ!
Everyone on the Enclave forum knows me as MRBUICK, where I am a moderator, Enclave Freak, and #1 Buick Fanatic. I am a die hard GM and Buick fan and have only ever owned one non-GM car in my 51 years.
I currently own 3 Buicks, a 95 Park Avenue, a 2005 LeSabre Limited Celebration Edition, and a 2008 Enclave CXL; and a 1972 Monte Carlo.
I also own about 150 other cars, that unfortunately I can not drive.
My diecast model collection is heavy with Buicks and GM, and ranges from the 40's to a Cadillac Sixteen concept car. I also go for some of the independents like Nash, Packard and Studebaker. I even have a Gremlin.

We all appreciate that admin is doing a great job with these forums.

MRBUICK

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, its been awhile since anyone has introduced themselves here. So I guess I will introduce myself and break the silence, lol.

My name is Christina, I'm 26 and am the current owner of a 2008 Chevrolet Equinox AWD LTZ(loaded except for Nav and DVD) in Navy Blue Metallic. Hence my user id, lol. I am married to a wonderful man(occassionally a pain in my heiny), Ryan. His user id will more than likely be Marerick007. We will be married 3 years come November 3rd. We have 2 furry kids, Quincy and Dixie, both are adopted. We just had a beautiful little girl on January 19th 2008, Makenzie Autumn. We are currently awaiting the arrival of the 2009 Chevrolet Traverse. We are going to trade the Equinox in for a Traverse. We also own a 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC in Sunset Metallic Orange. I truly wish the Traverse would come out in the Orange color. I am leaning towards a blue shade or maybe even a green. I know we only have one kid but when family comes to visit the Equinox cannot hold everyone. Or when we travel there just isn't enough room for everything plus 2 dogs. Well, that is enough about me.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts