Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Chevy Traverse. A while back, I noticed that my intermittent wipers were acting a little funny, such as the pattern was not cyclic. What I mean is it might be on a setting where the wipers wipe once every second, then they wouldn't wipe for 3 seconds, and then 2 real fast wipes back-to-back.

Well, now the intermittent wiper setting stopped working altogether. The only setting that works is the highest (fast) setting.

I tried doing a Google search, and found other Chevy's where they talked about this problem. Some mentioned a "wiper relay board". Others mentioned a "pulse motor". Yet others mentioned a "multi-function switch". Any idea if any of these things pertain to the 2012 Chevy Traverse?

Thanks

·
Registered
563 Posts
noticed that my intermittent wipers were acting a little funny
Several members solved similar wiper problems recently by replacing the multi-function switch. It is also the easiest place to start as the switch is not too expensive and easy to replace if you are handy.

To replace:

Remove bottom section of the column trim below the switch. Four screws hold it in place, then pull it free. Disconnect the wiring plug from switch. Then remove/loosen the two clips that hold the switch in place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was trying to see if I could find a YouTube video that shows how to do this (I can do a few things if I see how, but I am not the most handy guy or knowledgeable about cars - I did replace a side view mirror on my wife's car - but that was pretty basic). I could not find anything for a 2012 Traverse, but I found this for a little bit older Chevy Envoy (see "How To Install Turn Signal Wiper Cruise Control Switch 2002-09 GMC Envoy Chevy Trailblazer" on YouTube). Would it be the same? Seems like there's a lot of steps there - a lot of things to disconnect to get to it.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Joe4 said:
I was trying to see if I could find a YouTube video that shows how to do this (I can do a few things if I see how, but I am not the most handy guy or knowledgeable about cars - I did replace a side view mirror on my wife's car - but that was pretty basic). I could not find anything for a 2012 Traverse, but I found this for a little bit older Chevy Envoy (see "How To Install Turn Signal Wiper Cruise Control Switch 2002-09 GMC Envoy Chevy Trailblazer" on YouTube). Would it be the same? Seems like there's a lot of steps there - a lot of things to disconnect to get to it.
PM me your email address and I'll send you a pdf with some pics.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I replaced this switch on a 2012 Traverse and it fixed the problem with the wipers not working when the left turn signal was on. A couple screws at the bottom of steering wheel column. One hidden behind steering wheel height adjustment lever.
Carefully pull apart plastic you can see the seam. Unclip switch and pull off cable connections.

ACDelco 84049754 GM Original Equipment Turn Signal Switch
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
Return eligible through Sep 10, 2017
$24.72
Condition: New

·
Registered
82 Posts
Erratic Wiper Performance

Also a 2012 LTZ owner and had an issue of verrrry sloooow wiping just before ext. warranty expired. Last night, in snow storm, they stopped in mid swipe while driving - no turn indictor on at all - and would not move. Arrived destination, came out 3 hours later and they worked fine. Drove home and in snow/slush - they stopped again mid swipe. If I rolled back the 'single swipe' mode, it was like pulsing them to inch along, but not always ...

Took it in today - service advisor saw it (I videoed last night too just in case) - but when sent to repair stall - yup, worked fine. They are suggesting wiper motor.

Thoughts here or any TSBs to point to that this above mentioned "switch" could be it - even though does not seem related to the turn signals as others observed? Mine literally stop working and do not start again.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Erratic Wiper Performance

Also a 2012 LTZ owner and had an issue of verrrry sloooow wiping just before ext. warranty expired. Last night, in snow storm, they stopped in mid swipe while driving - no turn indictor on at all - and would not move. Arrived destination, came out 3 hours later and they worked fine. Drove home and in snow/slush - they stopped again mid swipe. If I rolled back the 'single swipe' mode, it was like pulsing them to inch along, but not always ...

Took it in today - service advisor saw it (I videoed last night too just in case) - but when sent to repair stall - yup, worked fine. They are suggesting wiper motor.

Thoughts here or any TSBs to point to that this above mentioned "switch" could be it - even though does not seem related to the turn signals as others observed? Mine literally stop working and do not start again.

Thanks!
Did you end up finding the solution? We just purchased a used Traverse and are having This exact problem. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t. Just paid $650 for new motor and guess what just stopped working again? 😫

1 - 7 of 7 Posts