Traverse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The instrument cluster in my 2010 Traverse went out while I was driving it. All the guages/lights went dead, I heard a soft “ppfhth” sound, and smelled electrical burn from somewhere behind the instrument cluster, so something shorted. Car works in most other respects (ODB port doesn’t work, and neither does the key fob). I ordered a replacement (used) instrument cluster, but that did not fix the problem. I removed the BCM and sent it in for repair. The repair service said they found a fault (unspecified) and repaired it and sent the BCM back to me. After re-installing the repaired BCM, the problem was not resolved. Neither cluster worked. I have checked all the fuses (under the glove box and under the hood), and I can’t find one that’s blown.

any ideas?

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Make sure you're testing the fuses with a tester, not just eye-balling them. They can fail and still look good.

There's a 10 amp fuse labeled "DSPLY" (for Display I assume) in the fuse box under the glove box. I'd double check that one. It feeds the instrument cluster and also the clock. Not sure what else it may feed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Make sure you're testing the fuses with a tester, not just eye-balling them. They can fail and still look good.

There's a 10 amp fuse labeled "DSPLY" (for Display I assume) in the fuse box under the glove box. I'd double check that one. It feeds the instrument cluster and also the clock. Not sure what else it may feed. View attachment 9918 View attachment 9919
Thanks for the info. You were right! The DISP relay looked just fine, but tested bad. I replaced it and instrument cluster came to life. Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts