Traverse Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to add an OEM backup camera to my 2012 Traverse that didn’t come with a camera. I found a rear view mirror with a monitor and life gate handled with a camera on EBay and installed them myself. It appears that the only thing left is to purchase an OEM wiring harness, correct?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I installed a wireless one on my Camaro....aftermarket GPS plus accessory backup camera powered by the backup light transmitting to an aftermarket GPS powered on the dash. GPS screen powered off ignition and screen auto shifted to backup camera on Reverse. No running a cable and kept my rearview mirror intact.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The dealer didn’t mention any programming, but they won’t do it and recommended that I go to an aftermarket installer. I’ll just try to get the OEM harness installed by an aftermarket installer. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
They only build one wiring harness.

May be one harness, but some feed pins may not be active because a fuse is not installed or the pins on the opposite end of the harness lack the power feed for the non stock accessory, e.g. the power pin for the self dimming mirror is not active on a stock flip mirror is dead and required a separate power feed (or I guess could be jumped to the power pin for the OnStar, but I like to keep the feed circuits separate.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts