Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture on the Factory Chrome gas door. When you install it you have to drill out the factory rivets that the Gas door was installed from the factory with but the Chrome gas door comes with new bolts & nut so its not that big of a deal. You do have to align it thow, it work just like the Stock Color mached one.

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
We should call you "king of bling" :notworthy:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I just had to dress it up a little. It the wife’s but I drive it also, and my vehicaes always stand out with my own custom touch. 8)

·
Registered
860 Posts
How much were the wheels and did you get them through your Chevy dealer?

Thanks.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Wheels alone are around $2,000.00 and yes they are a Dealer Option they have I think around 3 Chrome 20 in wheels to choose from.
Another thing the dealer ship offers is nitrogen rather than air in the tire this is more stable then air to temperature changes and you will maintain the tire pressure at the correct pressure and the tires will last longer. As the air in the tire heats up when you are driving it changes the tire pressure you can check this with your tire pressure monitoring system. With nitrogen it stays more stable.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Thanks for the info.

BTW, they've been using nitrogen in IRL, NASCAR, and other racing series for years because of its stability under heat extremes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
VB-LTZ, did you do it yourself on changing the gas door? you said you drill screws in the original ones. how did you do it? the space is to small in the gas door opening? thanx, if you can respond to this. i'm interested in shanging mine also and the design of the gas door is it hte only design?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:) The original gas door is riveted on with two big rivets, you have to drill the rivets out then the new gas door comes with bolts so you simply bolt it on. When I drilled out the rivets I first drilled in the center of the rivet with a small drill bit then drilled inside the smaller hold with a bigger drill bit that was I didn’t have to worry a bought drilling the hole to big.

8) Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts