Traverse Forum banner

Inconsistent Price of AWD

231 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  repairman54
Considering buying a 2023 LT Cloth and just realized that for that trim it’s about a $4k bump for AWD whereas for most of the others it is $2k. Maybe that’s the most popular configuration so they know they can get away with it, but it struck me as a little odd.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Could be the awd is part of a package, if you dont have the other items, they need to add them.... thus the 4k.
Whereas an upper level trim already has the other extras, and all they have to do is add the awd .
Just thinking out loud.

If you build it online, it will tell you, if something else needsto be added.
As far as I can tell, it’s not due to a package. Just toggling between FWD and AWD on the Chevy site. No message about a package.
I did the same thing on the corporate site, and "built" about every variation imaginable. Save the "build" summary and study what is and is not included for each version.

I ended up ordering a LT cloth, AWD, tow package, and had to have the dealer order and install side assist steps since it was mysteriously not available with the color selection I wanted.
I did the same thing on the corporate site, and "built" about every variation imaginable. Save the "build" summary and study what is and is not included for each version.

I ended up ordering a LT cloth, AWD, tow package, and had to have the dealer order and install side assist steps since it was mysteriously not available with the color selection I wanted.
This was helpful advice. I THINK most of the difference is due to the infotainment system. FWD comes standard with 7 inch screen and AWD comes standard with 8 inch. When I upgrade FWD model to 8 inch, it requires some other things which total $1295. So that accounts for a big chunk of the difference.
Reactions: 1
It seems that several of the options are bundled. For example, I wanted HD cooling due to the potential for valve train issues in VVT components and the sensitive transmission. As soon as I selected that, a trailer hitch appeared in the selected options. Of course, I'm not novice enough to think of towing anything with a six-holer (except a Cat 3406) but the hitch does add a nice piece of meat between the floor rails at the very rear as a buffer against tailgaters. I wanted no holes in the roof (I already have plenty of sunroof experience) but wanted some of the features from upscale models which automatically included holes in the roof. I had to select options carefully.
Today most options are package bundled. No more mix and match like the old days when you could check off exactly what you wanted from the options list. I assume it streamlines production.
My new Silverado on the lot had everything I wanted except I really didn't need the Z71 mild off-road package but no biggie. I had to put the assist steps on myself as going from a LTZ to a High Country wasn't worth another 4k just for the steps and some HC logos. My LTZ was packaged with all the of the amenities of the HC already for less. Actually, drove both and my LTZ had a better ride, go figure.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts