Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 traverse Lt 3.6 awd. Drove vehicle to the store, came out from store and vehicle started but check engine light on and went into limp mode. Wouldn't get up to speed and shifting irregularly. Pulled codes and found p02534 and p02535 for ignition switch circuit voltage, also a p0704 for clutch switch circuit. This is an automatic transmission vehicle and everything I can find on p0704 says it only applies to manual transmissions. I cleared the codes and was unable to duplicate figuredagain immediately. Car sat for a day and went to start in the morning and it would not start. Dash light came on and everything, went to crank and lights go out, no fuel pump running and no cranking. Checked codes again and have p02534 and p0704 again. I figured the ignition switch is cheap enough and easy to replace so I put in a new one. Still same problem. Note the vehicle is starting, but the codes continue to come back. The battery is a couple months old. I'm at a loss right now and could use some help. The p0704 makes absolutely no sense and is making me think the may be a problem the the pcm or something. Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
2020 High Country
381 Posts
Get the battery checked. Just because it's new doesn't mean it's good. Bad or weak batteries cause all kinds of crazy problems and it's the first item shops check now days. Low voltage will confuse the computers on start up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update, I went ahead and had the battery warrantied just for the **** of it. Cleared the fault codes and test drove it. It took a little bit, but after several miles and a few starts and stops the light came back on. No issues with starting yet, but the two codes p0704 and p2534 are back. Note also that I rechecked the codes before the battery replacement and there was a new one in addition to the other two. P0606 for pcm processor fault. This code had not come back yet since battery replacement but it's probably only a matter of time. Most of the info I find related to this fault says that most likely the pcm has failed. What do y'all think? Thanks again for your responses and any further help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update, so I continued starting and shutting off the vehicle in an attempt to see if the p606 would return and while doing this, the vehicle decided to stay running even with the key removed. Now I've seen many posts with this problem and as per those posts I inspected the interior fuse panel and found it full of water. Do not have a sunroof, I suspect the windshield is leaking but haven't got that far yet. The fuse box is corroded beyond repair and I need to replace it. The wrecking yard has a fuse box for 2011,2012,2013, but cannot tell me if this is the same fuse box as the one on my 2014. Can anyone tell me if they are the same or not? Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts