Traverse Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do all of you have the ICE warning indicator on your DIC? I've noticed that in my owner's manual it states that when it is cold enough out, the DIC will indicated ICE warning.

My Traverse doesn't do this. How about any other Canadian Traverse's out there?

Not that I really need the feature, just an observation.

FYI, the coldest its been around here is -1*C which is around 30*F. I would think that is cold enough to get the message.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Re: Re: "ICE" Warning

Mine started at about 35 degrees fahrenheit. It says "Ice possible, drive with caution." USA model though...

Sent from my Galaxy S using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting, I haven't seen it yet, and we have seen low 30's.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I hope to never see that message... In Phoenix, that would translate into "STAY HOME" 8)

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
Ive been going out for morning runs at about 530 am... its been about 36-39 degrees at the coldest...
Once I hop in the car about 7am- temps are now about 42 deg.... so no message yet here in Los Angeles.. but I did see it last year 1 time.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Have seen it several times in the last couple of weeks here in the I5 corridor (Vancouver Canada to Seattle). I wish there was a tone that would sound when these messages pop up. I bet it has popped up more than once where my eyes were on the road but could have spared a glance.

Something else I notice this weekend that I simply could NOT believe and have never seen before in any vehicle I've owned with factory air conditioning. The air conditioning will NOT operate when the outside temperature is lower than 40F (4C). When you try to enable it, the light blinks several times and goes off. This is explained in the manual.

Out here in the humid Northwest, we use the air conditioner to get rid of the window fogging. Works much much faster in the entire vehicle when the air conditioning is enabled. Without the air conditioner it takes longer to defog the windshield and driver/passenger windshields and the rear side windows will be fogged for a long long time. Load a bunch of cold wet soccer players into your vehicle and then see what happens (we play Sept to March). You need every edge you can get.

I've used this feature in my own vehicles and dozens of rental cars over the years in winter conditions down to -38C.

I think I'm going to have to put this one in its' own post.

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
This doesnt occur here in Los Angeles too often...
that was this morning-

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Anytime the temperature drops below freezing this message will pop up when I first get into the Outlook in the mornings.

LOL that frost was in LA? You have to be joking? Heck I have not had that much frost on our vehicles yet this year.

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
yup... thats frost.
and you notice the grass is green-- well whitecapped-- walk on it- and it cracks/crinkles cause the frost is frozen on it too

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, so all the USA Traverses seem to do this. Now for some Canadian response. BigBlue are you out there? How about copperbeech?

Do you get the ICE warning message?

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes I saw it. I thought the hockey night in Canada music was funny!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I live in the Vancouver area too and have been getting the ice warning quite a bit lately! It generally comes on when the temp is 1C or lower.

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have now SEEN the ICE warning message!! It was -1*C here yesterday, I went out to the Traverse and just put the key to the run position. Sure enough, I got the warning. Glad it works.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts