Traverse Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1LT Gold Mist (wife's choice::)) currently on FO bought at a very small Chevy dealership just north of TO....expected delivery likely sometime in late April.

From esteemed US member t4me:

Molded Hood Protector (Bug Deflector) in Smoke: Part # 19158471
Side Window Weather Deflectors in Smoke: Part # 19158474

I have called a couple of Ontario Chevy dealers and these same part #s also hold for Canada.

They are what's called direct shipment from the supplier in the states and are none returnable by the dealer.

And CDN pricing is $89.50 and $86.30 respectively.

·
Registered
113 Posts
copperbeech said:
1LT Gold Mist (wife's choice::)) currently on FO bought at a very small Chevy dealership just north of TO....expected delivery likely sometime in late April.

From esteemed US member t4me:

Molded Hood Protector (Bug Deflector) in Smoke: Part # 19158471
Side Window Weather Deflectors in Smoke: Part # 19158474

I have called a couple of Ontario Chevy dealers and these same part #s also hold for Canada.

They are what's called direct shipment from the supplier in the states and are none returnable by the dealer.

And CDN pricing is $89.50 and $86.30 respectively.

The wait is over for us Copper!!!!

We pick up our baby tomorrow morning!!! Yeehaw!!!!!!

Medman :cheers:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats Medman.

Over the next month or two I will be interested to hear your first impressions.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well...only have a sec here before I go out...

Extreme first impressions....I LOVE IT!!! Great vehicle....running smooth, breaking it in, figured/figuring out all the doo dads on it...already used OnStar...the lady that helped us, was very good....xm radio is great....picked up the link for the wife's iPod....

Put on 130 kms so far...670 to go for the break in :)

Will post more later :) as we break it in, and get a better feel on it....speaking of feel....this vehicle responds to the steering wheel...very impressed with the handling....very responsive, very smooth.

Medman

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
medman said:
Put on 130 kms so far
I am glad you mentuoned kms. Now I see why you posted in the Canadian board :D.

But seriously I am jealous that you have the heated/cooled seats. My wife wouldnt go for the extra cost given that I was insisting on the expensive AWD option.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Copperbeech, Did he mentioned heated and COOLED seats? I thought that you could only get COOLING on the LTZ (with the perferated leather seats). I think his profile says Heated only... So you only need to be half as jealus :happy:

·
Registered
113 Posts
t4me said:
Copperbeech, Did he mentioned heated and COOLED seats? I thought that you could only get COOLING on the LTZ (with the perferated leather seats). I think his profile says Heated only... So you only need to be half as jealus :happy:
lol...you are correct t4me....I have the 2LT...and it only comes with the heated seats when getting the leather option....but the cooled seats would be a welcome option...especially with my sweaty *ss.....lmao...
I also have the AWD...
This thing looks really cool in the night time too :)

Medman :party:

·
Registered
185 Posts
So now I expect that you will take the Canadian lead on accessorizing the new ride. Since I cannot count on copperbeech (much like he cannot count on his Maple Leafs) until his ride arrives, I am expecting that you will photograph any new accessories and add them to my accessories thread in the photos section. You also appear to be the lead Canadian for an Oil Analysis after your break-in period... when do you next expect to change the oil?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
t4me said:
You are right I do feel a bit less green...with envy ;).

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
t4me said:
So now I expect that you will take the Canadian lead on accessorizing the new ride. Since I cannot count on copperbeech (much like he cannot count on his Maple Leafs) until his ride arrives, I am expecting that you will photograph any new accessories and add them to my accessories thread in the photos section. You also appear to be the lead Canadian for an Oil Analysis after your break-in period... when do you next expect to change the oil?
Hey wait a sec t4me! Accessories and UOA are coming right up just as soon as....I take delivery of the car...and assuming I can sneakthese expenses by my wife :p.

My plan is to change the oil out at 1000 km (500 miles) then 2500 km (1500 miles) then finally at 5000 km (3000 miles). At that point I might be guided by the OLM or pull this one at 10000 km (6000 miles).

·
Registered
113 Posts
t4me said:
Might be a while for any accessories...we are broke! lmao... Oil so frequently???...dealer told us at about 9000 kms, or 6 months.....the manual says when the meter tells you, or at least once per year.....HUH???

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
medman said:
Oil so frequently???...dealer told us at about 9000 kms, or 6 months.....the manual says when the meter tells you, or at least once per year.....HUH???
When you have time you might want to read these threads:

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4011.0 AND/OR

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1425453&fpart=1 AND/OR

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=4222.60 (start at Reply # 67)

Basically it seems that these Lambda engines are hard on oil and filters and maybe using the dealer's recommendation or even the OLM for the oil change interval *might* not be the best. We need more information i.e. more UOAs

·
Registered
185 Posts
Copperbeech, Install the accessories WHILE your wife is CHANGING THE OIL! :cheers:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
t4me said:
Copperbeech, Install the accessories WHILE your wife is CHANGING THE OIL! :cheers:
;D

But as you can see from my earlier post she would be doin' allot of changes!

And t4me I can just imagine that you are biting your nails as your good old Buffalo hockey team still has a (very) slim chance of making the playoffs :eek:hno:.

·
Registered
113 Posts
copperbeech said:
When you have time you might want to read these threads:

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4011.0 AND/OR

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1425453&fpart=1 AND/OR

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=4222.60 (start at Reply # 67)

Basically it seems that these Lambda engines are hard on oil and filters and maybe using the dealer's recommendation or even the OLM for the oil change interval *might* not be the best. We need more information i.e. more UOAs
Will have to read up on it....looks involved!!! lol...maybe do it at work!! lmao

1 - 15 of 15 Posts