Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dealerman and check one out the other day. The only one tehre wasa cloth one. I wasn't blown away with the car. i have an 05 trailblazer right now and the seat on my TB was way more comfy than the cloth in the traverse, mine is cloth too. As far as the rear seat were concerned my god they are TERRIBLE where is the padding ? I have LAWN FURNITURE more comfy than that. Seriosly you guys with that cloth 60-40 bench. Can you stand it ? Unacceptable.

I am going to find a leather with cabin seats and sit in that. I pray it is comfy but even if it is...up up up goes the price to a 2lt.

I am pretty let down...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a cloth 60/40 bench seat and all my passengers including myself thinks it's comfortable. If your '05 Trailblazer is so comfortable...keep driving it. Also, a little advise, you can't 'try' to like anything...either you like something or you don't.

·
Registered
73 Posts
...either you buy one or you don't. Sounds to me like you have made up your mind. If you buy the one with leather all your going to do is complain about the price. I have had the same comments from my passengers as Sonny has, only mine are the leather. I have had bucket and bench seats and everyone liked both. Keep this in mind, how much are you going to be riding in the back, and do you like the drivers seat?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Seats are so much personal preference. I have never had better seats than the leather buckets in my older 199x bonneville. My wife had a big dislike when sitting in the cloth buckets of the last Chevy minivan made/sold at our dealer (after comparing them - one day at the dealer for grins - to the cloth buckets in our 2004 Chevy minivan). From year to year and model to model, you role the dice and get what you get.

My wife and I initially "tried to like" the acadia as we were intially test driving crossovers - but we just did not feel as "comfortable" as we did in the Traverse. And I always loved the styling of the acadia...
...you must go with what you feel is most comfortable in your gut... compromises for this kind of money are not advisable IMO...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sonny320 said:
I have a cloth 60/40 bench seat and all my passengers including myself thinks it's comfortable. If your '05 Trailblazer is so comfortable...keep driving it. Also, a little advise, you can't 'try' to like anything...either you like something or you don't.

seriously ..? when you push down on the seat with your hand do you hit the plastic underneath ? there islike 1inch of padding. The thing with the 05 TB is that it isn't that comfy that is why I am let down by the seats.

If I buy the leather, I need to try it first. I hope it is better than the cloth. Honestly I don't think the car is a value purchase at above 30k. If I could get a 2LT with Leather for 30k with 0 percent I would buy it otherwise, I just don't think it is a value buy. That it it is still only FWD.

I have not made up my mind yet on the car I just checking them out now, these are things I dont think I am getting my dollarsworth.

·
Registered
407 Posts
FYI: The cloth seats in the Enclave are different than the Traverse-Acadia-Outlook. For some reason, on the Buick they put plush cloth in (CX models only, CXL's get standard leather). The Cloth on the others are a different material, more smooth, or stiff..if you will. Just an idea (and I'm not trying to sway you away from the Traverse), go look at the Enclave CX at a dealer and see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks Ididn't know that they were different. I will defintly check themoutout my B_P_G dealerman,

thank you.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have to agree with you Shinzon. I LOVE my Traverse, but the seat is among the few dislikes I have of the whole vehicle. You might find a lot of statements from me on this forum about the seats. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts