Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced intermittent problems with the HVAC controls (the manual version in the lower trims). We are having a problem with ours where sometimes the temperature will not change unless you go back and forth between full hot and full cold a few times, or that the AC won't come on unless you press the AC button on and off a few times. I'm hoping it will do it when I have the dealer looking at it. It's definitely doing it frequently (every couple times we use the car), but not all the time. I'd always rather something like that break completely than have an intermittent problem like that.

I'm having the body work from the accident done at the local Chevy dealer, so I'm hoping they can send it over to service and have this looked at during the same visit.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
from what you describe--- id say the control head (the part with the controls is acting up)
Im sure they can swap in another unit and test.

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
I wonder if it is a loose connector somewhere behind the controls? Do the back lights consistently come on at night?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No problems with the backlighting. Hopefully it's as simple as replacing the HVAC controls. I'm just hoping it's not a problem in the wiring modules or a BCM. I couldn't find anyone having this problem when I searched only, so it doesn't sound like anything common. It's the first problem we've had with the car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have an 09. Purchased in Jan 2009. No problems until about 3 weeks ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts