Traverse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the manual regarding the "manual gear selector", but its explanation is lacking in detail or just plain odd at the very least.

1. The +/- switch does not seem functional in "Drive", but I have not tried it in LO yet. Do we really have to be in LO to use it? This seems very odd to be crusing at 60 for example and then shift to LO to gear down a bit through a turn etc.

2. Is there a method to simply control it manualy without having it restrict the top gear range or whtever it noted?

Thanks,

·
Registered
74 Posts
It only works in the Lo/Manual position.

If you're in drive and want better control, you can shift it down to lo on the fly and it will put in a gear around where it was. I find that at high speeds it usually puts me in 4th when I take it out of Drive.

Every manufacturer implements manual shifting differently. My Grand Prix GXP, which has the tap shift paddles, will stay in the gear I put it in, and never shift up or down. The traverse will shift down (or ever up I found) if it needs to. I found that if I was in 3rd gear and forget I was in manual mode, suddenly i found myself in 4th or 5th gear, and I know I didn't change it. The traverse seems to have a much more conservative approach, where it won't let you get yourself into a bad spot.

-Joe

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mihalich , et al,

Thanks for the info,

I guess I'll "just do it", and wrangle the rpms's out of that T-mobile.

Thanks again,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts