Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to change my inside dome light bulbs for my 2010 Traverse.

1st how do I remove the cover to the dome lights?

2nd I would like to replace the bulbs with neon blue ones, does anyone know a good site to get them from.

Thank you.
[/color]

·
Registered
312 Posts
Darn it. Given the title of this thread, I thought you were going to tell us how.

Actually, it's easy to do but I can see how it might make one nervous given that there's no obvious access.

Insert your fingertips under the edges of the panel and slowly work them in exerting a bit of force and the panel will pop out. This applies to the one behind the rear view mirror as well as others stationed farther back. They're just held up there with upholstery panel clips. They will resist your efforts to release and them come completely loose quite suddenly -- at least mine did.

:thumb:

·
Registered
312 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
i replaced all the interior overhead lights with LEDs. Found a link on this site months ago. The light is bright white and very good for reading. Use your finger tips to pry the back edge of the lamp holder down, its held in with clips, the front has tabs that will break if you don't do the rear and let it hinge down. There are three torx screws that hold the bulb sockets in place. I found that a small pointed object can be used to press down the tiny OEM bulbs from the top rather than trying to grab them from below because there is very little space between the bulb and the reflector. These are bulbs that just push in.

vetmann
2010 Travelers Ed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts