Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this site on another forum and thought I'd share. Just enter your VIN and it gives much more detail about your GM vehicle than you might know now...including how many others were made with the exact same options. It only has some 2010 models, but it goes all the way back to 1980.

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

Turns out my '09 Traverse LTZ was the only one like it with the combination of options that it has. Rarity...
There are 1 2009 SPORT UTILITY VEHICLE 2WD vehicles (0.001%) matching your exact options list. There are 1 (0.001%) with at least as many options.

Cheers :cheers:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Just wondering, what do you think is special about your LTZ that only one has ever been built with the same options? Did you special order it, or was it from dealer stock?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ls973800 said:
Just wondering, what do you think is special about your LTZ that only one has ever been built with the same options? Did you special order it, or was it from dealer stock?
Never said I thought it was special...only that there wasn't another one that came from the factory with the exact same build sheet as mine. With all of the available options and different codes, there are probably over a million combinations of what could be built and with only around 100k Traverse's built in 2009, I'm sure there are others that are 1 of 1. I didn't special order it from the factory because there was one in the region that had the options I wanted. :cheers:

·
Registered
407 Posts
:lame: That website is no good, still doesn't have my vin number in the data base and mine is a 2009 that was purchased in 2008, so what's up with that?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Never said I thought it was special.

In my original post, I think I asked the question the wrong way.

Does your LTZ have, or lack, any options that you believe may have caused that website search to say your LTZ is basically a one of a kind?

A

·
0 Posts
09Enclave said:
:lame: That website is no good, still doesn't have my vin number in the data base and mine is a 2009 that was purchased in 2008, so what's up with that?
I gotta ask; are you putting in the VIN correctly? ;) My 07 VIN checks out fine

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
09Enclave said:
Just because your VIN isn't there doesn't make the site 'no good'. If there is a better, online, and free, reference could you please provide it? I was passing this on because there are millions of VINs in their database and many people have found this site interesting, helpful for restorations, and overall 'good'. Both my 09 Traverse and my 95 Cutlass convertible are in the database and the information that's listed about my vehicles is accurate.

:cheers:

·
Registered
407 Posts
AA/78U said:
I gotta ask; are you putting in the VIN correctly? ;) My 07 VIN checks out fine
Yes, I've tried for the past 6 months to search my vin. I'm more than upset they can't have all vin numbers in there, I realize it's useful for some people, and my Bonneville is on there, but there's no reason a 2010 can be on there and not a 2009.

EDIT: Nothing against you for posting it, MemphisMan, I wasn't putting down the thread or post at all, just don't understand how some vins can be there and some can't.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Just checked mine isn't in there data bank yet :sosad:,guess it takes time for them to enter the VIN's. :beer: Did find my 05 Malibu . :cheers:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
09Enclave said:
Yes, I've tried for the past 6 months to search my vin. I'm more than upset they can't have all vin numbers in there, I realize it's useful for some people, and my Bonneville is on there, but there's no reason a 2010 can be on there and not a 2009.

EDIT: Nothing against you for posting it, MemphisMan, I wasn't putting down the thread or post at all, just don't understand how some vins can be there and some can't.
It's all good Enclave. Hopefully yours will be in there soon. I wonder if you can contact someone at the site and ask why all '09's aren't in their database, but yet they have '10's. :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
So this may mean that your Traverse is not that rare, if not all the VIN's are in, you may have a twin.

·
Registered
312 Posts
It says there are 10 Traverses equipped exactly like mine and 47 with "at least as many options." It's not exactly exclusivity, but I value function more than one-upmanship.

I bought my Traverse off the dealer lot just past 5 months after it's build date. I had priced all models and was leaning toward buying an LS on year-end closeout for something like $22,000 when my wife informed me that heated seats were not "optional" in her book, they were mandatory. So, I bought the first one I found with heated seats and it turned to be fairly loaded. I still got a great year-end deal at over $9,000 below window sticker on my LTZ and, as it turns out, I've grown to appreciate many of the fancy doo-dads my car has. Not that I couldn't manage without them, but they're still nice to have.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I would guess that mine is very rare, since no dealer had one like what I wanted when I ordered mine two years ago, and I have yet to see one on any internet listing that is just like mine, even in a different color. Here's what I think makes mine rare, at least as far as Enclaves go:

CX trim, cloth seats (probably 95 to 98 percent are CXL's which are leather)
8-passenger seating, middle row bench (again...95 to 98 percent seem to be captain's chair models, on Enclaves)
Silver Green (it's a rare color on the Enclave)
NO sunroof....most seem to have that.
Tow package, seems to be kind of rare on the Enclaves

I would dare say there are no other Enclaves with my exact options, let alone combined with my exterior and interior color combination.

I would really like to see break downs from the factory concerning each model year, how many of each color, how many with 8-passenger seating, etc. Like I said, mine is pretty rare. Is that good or bad? Who knows, just kind of neat to think about.

·
Registered
312 Posts
09Enclave said:
I would guess that mine is very rare, since no dealer had one like what I wanted when I ordered mine two years ago, and I have yet to see one on any internet listing that is just like mine, even in a different color.
What are you talking about, 09Enclave? Your car is so rare it doesn't even exist according to the VIN lookup website!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Ironjoey - what's the build date on your 2010? Not that many 2010s came from Spring Hill.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Very interesting thread for vehicles that should have the word "utility" somewhere in the description. It's like seeing an ad for an extremely rare '57 Chevy : "one of only 2 built in lime green with three on the column". May be rare, but not valuable.

Just my opinion, not meant to disparage anyone's Traverse. Bought mine off the lot about 5 hours after I found out that this vehicle even existed. Went to buy a Tahoe, called a friend who is in the business and he said check out the Traverse. Went back and bought the Travelers Edition which was equipped exactly as I wanted. No leather, AWD, tow package, roof rack, nav, Bose, back up camera, seating for eight, Bluetooth. It's one if a kind, my only Traverse and one if many Chevys. How many like mine, I'll never know

Vetmann

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nothing found for VIN Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. It may be that we don't have it in the database yet, but be sure to check that you have typed it correctly. Be sure to try back often, we're constantly updating the database.

@*@^%

·
Registered
223 Posts
[/color] Good Grief 09

Good Grief 09Enclave get a life. You would think GM only made 1 car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts