Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going to replace my wifes front marker lights as they dont seem to be working while checking during the day. Before I dig in I looked around the internet and I am not convinced there is a bulb for the side marker light. Is there a seperate bulb for the marker light? Or is it just lit via the low beam. Of course the parts store sold me bulbs for the marker lights. This is a 2011 chevy traverse. I searched all over with no decisive answer except to look at new assemblies, and there does not seem to be a spot for a bulb. I'm guessing there is just a high and low beam. Im just talking about the top headlight assembly, not the bottom blinker. any help appreciated.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Check at night.......not 100% certain, but I believe my old '15 gen1 used LEDs for side markers inside the reflector portion and side mirror lighting which might not show during daylight

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Having not looked first hand, all the pics I see of the assembly show only two bulbs that I can see. Plus I can not find any instruction/video mentioning how to change them. Not that I need one but still. I'll check in a few moments when it gets dark. But putting my face right up against the glass during the day I dont see anything comming on, yet I see not place for a bulb in online pics.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
I'm guessing there is just a high and low beam. Im just talking about the top headlight assembly, not the bottom blinker. any help appreciated.

the headlighs use 2 bulbs. Low beams and high beams.
the low beam bulbs are also the Daytime running lights.

easiest method- if you dont have big arms..
is to turn the wheel inward- remove 2 screws on the wheel well portion and 2 screws under the bumper area.
then you can pull back the wheel well liner to access the back of the bulb assemblies. theres 2. Its essentially a cap. one for the lows and one for the high.
1st time- may be difficult
But the last time I changed bulbs, I was in a hurry- and I think I got both sides done in about 10 min.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, so no bulb for the little yellow area. I know my suburban has a separate light for that marker light. Funny cuz my local parts store looked it up and sold me two. Same change method as my suburban. Very easy. Just did not feel like digging in in there was no actual bulb there. Its cold out, in the 30's around here, so asking online is easier than laying on the cement for 10 minutes.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
little yellow area I believe is just a reflector on the early models.

And I have not seen an access port for a bulb if there is one for that yellow area.
Ill have check my headlights tonite.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts