Traverse Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am somewhat surprised by the length of time these warning lights remain on at initial startup. I timed it today:

It takes approx 4.5 seconds from the time I start the engine until the warning lights go off. It appears all the lights go off at the same time.

With my 'simple' 4 cylinder other car these similar lights vanish in an instant...so quick it is hard to time.

Next time you are in your Traverse and you are wearing your stop watch how about timing yours? ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Dude............................. you need to get a hobby! :eyebrow:

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
Ill try to do it tomm morning...
I like the way the needles sweep the gauges.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gibby said:
Dude............................. you need to get a hobby! :eyebrow:
Did you see my wink smiley? So take it with a grain of salt ;).

But why does it take almost 5 seconds for the car to go through this electronic checkup?

Anyways maybe given that all the lights go off simultaneously implies that the extended time (as compared to our other car) is as expected/intended :-\. Maybe they are idiot lights unless one stays on past the others on startup. For example if the oil light remained on for just a bit longer (past the others) this might imply a leaking ADBV :-\.

·
Registered
112 Posts
OHHHHHH.......sorry! Didn't notice the winky smiley......thingy.

How about we all get a stop watch and go out and see how long it takes the wipers to go across the windshield, on low and high. The fastest for each catagory wins a jug of windshield washer fluid! ;)

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gibby said:
How about we all get a stop watch and go out and see how long it takes the wipers to go across the windshield, on low and high. The fastest for each catagory wins a jug of windshield washer fluid! ;)
Except there are engine implications to an oil warning light staying on even slightly longer past what has been programmed.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Gibby said:
OHHHHHH.......sorry! Didn't notice the wink smiley......thingy.

Made me laugh. Mine .092 fast 2.1 slow.... I will pm you my address for that fluid.... I beefed up my wiper motors so dont even try to beat my numbers :blob:

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
5 seconds on mine..... depending on where exactly you start timing...

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rbarrios said:
5 seconds on mine..... depending on where exactly you start timing...
Thanks for the confirmation. Now I can sleep ;D.

·
Registered
185 Posts
but is that 5 seconds in metric? Copper, watch some hockey and relax my friend! Go Sabres!!!! Calgary 1 Buff 1 End 1.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts