Traverse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
figured Id share this since I I took the time to plot the data.
But this is on my 2010 Traverse.
I live in Los Angeles- and I do city and rush hour every morning and afternoon. Normally I see 18-19 MPG combined.
With people still on holiday travel- traffic has been easy-- so at the moment- im at 21 MPG (DIC). My hand calcs usually come within .5 to 1 MPG from the DIC.

went for a quick drive around the neighborhood---plotted this data-
starting with the blue line--- at about -77 (77 seconds since I began to log)....
I came to a complete stop--- as shown by the red-- 0 MPH in the 2nd graph...
I proceed to easily accelerate-
1-2 shift about 1850 RPM at about 10.5 MPH- continue to accelerate
2-3 shift about 2230 RPM at about 21 MPH- continue to accelerate
3-4 shift about 2200 RPM at about 33 MPH-

where I then reach a peak - about34 MPH--- yes 34 MPH in 4th gear...-- watching traffic down the street I notice theres a red light... no need to accelerate -- So I let off the gas...
where you can see it takes me about 25 seconds to go from 34 MPH to close to zero...
THe important point here is that I let the vehicles momentum roll me for 25 seconds- to the light that was red... were I simply coasted- and once there accelerated from a moving start... not a complete stop
As you can see in this short trip that lasted about 2 min- I never exceeded 2500 rpm.
I try to keep all my driving this easy- where conditions allow me to easily do this...
if traffic gets heavy- I follow the traffic speed....
tommorrow ill graph engine temp vs RPM vs vehicle speed...

Attachments

·
Registered
865 Posts
Alright, alright. You've got to tell me what device you're using and where you got the software and cables to collect this information. I was able to do this with our Buick Regal (not to this extent) and have been waiting for something like this to be available to the Traverse-buying public.

Sorry, old gear-heads die hard.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
47 Posts
any pc based OBDII scan program with monitoring can do this for the most part. it doesn't have to be traverse specific as OBDII uses generic variables for all this info.

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes- this is one of several available on the market.
this one I paid $150 for.. (I opted for the USB- universal to read all 1996 and newer US market cars).
they have serial cable, or for specific brands only .....
For example- I can read and clear codes on any 1996 and newer car.
Some features on this software wont work on my 2003 trailblazer- but they work fine with the Traverse.

http://www.myscantool.com/

http://www.myscantool.com/store/

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this morning I was plotting the engine temp as it warmed up... (vs RPM vs speed)..
as I found out- my temp needle points at 210---- but I saw 194 and 216(when I shut off engine) and yet reported 210...
On the freeway- it stayed at about 200- once I got off freeway it went to 205.... shutoff it hit 216...

Attachments

·
Registered
865 Posts
Cool, thanks for the info.

I had a program loaded onto a Palm that I used on the Regal. It was a modified program used for the GM LS1 engine that allowed me to scan the L67 (supercharged 3.8 V-6) in the Regal. I could also scan for trouble codes and clear them. This thing paid for itself numerous times over the three years we used it.

I'll look more at myscantool.com and check their stuff out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
$150 is not bad

rbarrios said:
yes- this is one of several available on the market.
this one I paid $150 for.. (I opted for the USB- universal to read all 1996 and newer US market cars).
they have serial cable, or for specific brands only .....
For example- I can read and clear codes on any 1996 and newer car.
Some features on this software wont work on my 2003 trailblazer- but they work fine with the Traverse.

http://www.myscantool.com/tirescars

http://www.myscantool.com/store/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts